Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by NewTakeOff

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
WackyWormer

Default Do I need to replace airbag sensors?

I hit a deer in my 97 GT and airbags deployed... I've got new bags and clock spring and the module, but do I need to replace the 2 sensors on the front end? One looks perfectly fine, the other was pushed back a bit. It only bent the bracket a bit, the sensor looks fine. Also, does anyone know of a good write up for replacing all this?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
WackyWormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1994 Ford Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to ryan1994mustang

as long as the sensor isnt broken then it should be fine... i had the bags deploy on my 94 about 2 years ago and i didnt have to replace the sensors, just the airbags and the module. im pretty sure you need a computer to replace the airbags though, because the system has to be reset. i got all the parts for mine and painted them and stuff and took it to a shop for them to plug up the wires and reset the system. They charged like $75 if i remember correctly.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
WackyWormer

I replaced the bags and module, Everythings working, I've got to take it to a body shop tomorrow to clear the codes
WackyWormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
mikedsalisbury

Vehicle: 1994 mustang GT

I replaced my airbag monitor because I thought it was faulty, but my air bag light is still on and I am getting 5 beeps and about 3 second delay and then 5 beeps again.
Do I need to reset my system? Can anyone help me?
mikedsalisbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:08 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, 04, air, airbag, airbags, bag, body, cobra, fox, module, mustang, replace, replacing, reset, sensor, sensors