General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Freaking dings! How to avoid them?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 05:09 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Default RE: Freaking dings! How to avoid them?

ORIGINAL: JD1969

ORIGINAL: ToplessGT

Heres my advice (not practical for most people though). I rarely drive it anywhere where i know it will be sitting out and vunerable to dings etc.... for example, havent drove it to work since i have owned it (4 years now). Mostly just a cruising car and if i do have to stop some place, its a park far away, get in get out kind of thing. I dont trust anybody!! Thats probaly why it has so few miles on it..1995 gt vert-just turned 50000 miles last week. Oh, and one more thing, my buddy parked his stang in a parking lot of a grocery store and did the usual park like a mile away and walk to the store thing. Well, he come out to see something that would just make me cry!! A friggn' shopping cart on the side of his new stang. Talk about a major ding! For some reason, the parking lot must slope out and of course some loser just left there cart sittiing in the lot. Probaly picked up some speed and BAM!

[IMG]local://upfiles/6699/B1FA0192F4F84FC7B405A66C74D6C873.jpg[/IMG]
I saw a shopping cart go all the way across a supermarket parking lot one time and smash right into the side of a parked cop car, the cop almost jumped threw the roof.
did the cart get beat with a nightstick?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:11 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

that would be something to get on video, a cop beating the crap out of a shopping cart...hum...first rodney king, now shopping carts....whats next?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:23 PM
mississippiheat

Hey ToplessGt, door dings are better than the bullet holes. Mine is a Chevy anyways and front wheel drive to boot.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:25 PM
_Shifty_
1st Gear Member

Park further away, all you can do.

Whatever you do, don't be a jackass and park vertically across two spots in a busy part of the lot. A lot of the ricer kids do that here, even at xmas time when it's nuts, and I've seen some really pissed off guys key their cars for doing it. I cheered them on!
Old 08-08-2005, 05:34 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: _Shifty_

Whatever you do, don't be a jackass and park vertically across two spots in a busy part of the lot. A lot of the ricer kids do that here, even at xmas time when it's nuts, and I've seen some really pissed off guys key their cars for doing it. I cheered them on!
put a grapefruit in the tail pipe, and then post and tell us if the grapefriut shot out of the tailpipe when the car started. there's a guy at my apt. with a ricer tailpipe, and I wanna see what happens but i don't want to cause him any damage.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:33 AM
rockin95
1st Gear Member

haha grapefruit shooters..... fart cans.... i love that. im thinking of taking the flowmasters off mine and adding a pair of those
Old 08-11-2005, 03:10 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: _Shifty_

I've been getting dings at work, there's not much that can be done about it... I'm sure I'd kill the guy who did it if I saw him do it, but for now I can't let myself get angry about it, I need to let it get to a degree (and watch very carefully for corrosion or any other problems) and get them repaired and repainted in a batch.

There's someone else at my workplace who owns a 97 Mustang (black, like mine) who parks however he feels, even though he parks way out at the end of the lot, next to mine. Had a couple angry notes on his door telling him to learn how to park or they would show him how to. He ignored them and they keyed his mustang, whoever they were. His insurance is covering a new paint job, not a bad deal, but I wouldn't want to do that to my Mustang.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

3m protective film.

It's a clear strip you can cut and mold to your car to protect it from rock chips and dings...
Old 08-11-2005, 01:52 PM
NewMexMustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4600cc

If you caught the freak right there, saw him do the damage, what can you do? If you know the ding wasn't there before you left, and now it is there, and you suspect the car beside you, what you do then?

AL
You could play baseball...and just happen to have a bat in your car! When i was in HS i remmember it was against the rules to have a bat...unless you were a baseball player. Not that you're at a HS or anything.