General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

What is everyones opinions on Torque arms and Panhard bars???

Old 08-15-2005, 05:21 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default What is everyones opinions on Torque arms and Panhard bars???

Heya everyone, I was wondering what everyone here thought of Torque arms and Panhard bars, is it really better to upgrade to those? Does it affect clearance say like on a 1.5"-2" lowered stang? Or is it just better to upgrade to weight jacker lower controll arms and tubular uppers all with spherical bearings?

I would be upgrading to battle boxes if I got the Weightjacker lowers and tubular uppers, would I still need to upgrade to Battle boxes for the torque boxes if I got the Torque arm and panhard bar setup? Do they connect to the same area's?

What are the Pro's and Cons of the Panhard and torque arms and the Weightjacker and tubular uppers?

Thanks guys, I dont know anyone that has the Torque arms or panhard bars so I dont have input on that, but a couple friends have weightjacker lower controll arms on their Mach 1's and like them for the bite and adjustability.

-Eric-
Old 08-15-2005, 09:58 AM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: What is everyones opinions on Torque arms and Panhard bars???

the pros are; they keep your rear axle from jumping under the car, and that in turn helps weight distribution during the launch making your front come up a little better. better traction is the result.

the cons are everything opposite. i remember bending rear control arms on my crown vic just from launches on street tires, and it was an npi romeo with something like 235 hp at the crank.

al
Old 08-15-2005, 02:21 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What is everyones opinions on Torque arms and Panhard bars???

Hmmmm, does anyone have pics of their setup so I can see if the torque bar is dangerously close to the ground? Rear, side and bottom pictures would be helpfull.

Is there any other info on them? Perhaps the best strongest brand to go with? The ones that I have seen MM have a rating of 500ftlbs torque which doesnt seem to be too great because thats going to be right around where I want to be.

thanks again.

-Eric-