General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gen. TECH: Headlight & Taillight conversions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default Gen. TECH: Headlight & Taillight conversions

Post your steps, questions and tips about headlight conversions, sequential tail conversions and any other custom headlight/tail light work!
Old 08-20-2005, 04:13 AM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Gen. TECH: Headlight & Taillight conversions

ok on my 95 gt i installed vertical clear and chrome taillights

first disconnect your battery to minimize risk of shorts. You wil then precede to open the trunk and remove the trunk panneling to access the bolts, you then remove the nuts. The housing should now slide out of position its been there a while u may need to lightly tap on the bolts and wiggle to remove, be careful it is only plastic. You will then need to remove the pigtails, they just twist out of the holes. For my application i needed a new pigtail, the reverse light hole was larger while the stock pigtail was too small, simply go out to a parts store and try out pigtails tell u find the right one that fits, make sure u have clearance because the tail light is snug against the body. I did it the hard way and forgot about the clearance, so i had to use wire cutters to remove the rubber coating so i could get clearance. You can then cut off the old pigtail using wire cutters, then use a coupler to wire the new one to the stock harness. your now ready to tape your wires to prevent shorts and water damage. Tighten the tail light back in the orignal holes but not too tight, once again its only plastic.

If you seem to be losing fuses after your conversion u may have reversed some of the wires, when this happens the light will still work but it will either be brighter or dimmer then the rest of the lights, simple fix just clip off the pigtail and swap the wires.

please send questions to me or add anything i may have forgotten.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:34 AM
jimmyweim

Dan, Looking for suggestions on OEM bulb upgrades for 05 GT. I would like more down road range, to spot those deer....I live in the sticks. I would also think about replacement of the fog lights with road lamps if this was the best way to go...Jimmy
Old 01-10-2006, 12:02 PM
ector

Question:

I have just gotten a 95 GT and it is my project car. It will be parked for sometime before I finish all the work needed. I have a cosmetic question. I really like the head lights on the 2000 GT. I was wondering would the head lights from the 2000 bolt into place on the 95?

Thanks for your info ahead of time.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:21 PM
kangavskittie

Default Tailights installaation, PLEASE HELP!!! =)

Hi! I was trying to install euro tailights on my 97 mustang, but on the euro tailights. Okay, there's 4 bulbs i gotta put into the euro tailights. BUT
on the euro tailights, there is 3 large open holes, and on the top left corner, that's 1 hole that's smaller than the other three. That 1 hole, I can't fit the 4th light bulb into. Although, beside and underneath that 1 small open hole, that's another imprinted/ shaped opening that's the same size as the other 3 large holes, but it's sealed, and not open. Am i suppose to cut that plastic????? I'm afaid it would crack since it is plastic. Or, am I suppose to somehow use that 4th hole that's open, but it's way too small for the 4th lightbulb to go into it. WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO????? Please help! THANX =)
Old 01-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Jstang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ector

Question:

I have just gotten a 95 GT and it is my project car. It will be parked for sometime before I finish all the work needed. I have a cosmetic question. I really like the head lights on the 2000 GT. I was wondering would the head lights from the 2000 bolt into place on the 95?

Thanks for your info ahead of time.
NOT GOING TO WORK!
Old 02-12-2006, 01:46 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

I have a 94 GT the 94 -95's have horizontal lines in the tail lights. to convert the tail lights to the 96-98 , you need the lights and you need the wiring harness, everything else falls into place, there is no splicing or wire connecting needed. just 2 plugs. I got the tail lights and the wiring from e-bay. any questions pm me
Old 02-17-2006, 11:46 AM
lenko
1st Gear Member

Moving 06 Gt into Canada and need seven digit code to activate the daytime running lights. Any help would be appreciated.

lenko
Old 02-26-2006, 10:18 PM
hockeyfan

Has anyone got the plug-n-play sequential taillights for 05/06? Recommended brands? Does it void the electrical portion of the warranty?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Wadester

I put HID lights in my '02 Mustang GT. I don't know if this is considered a headlight conversion. anyways, the install was actually ridiculously easy. it took me like 15 minutes to throw them in. I had to take out the old headlights, connect the new ones to the battery and hook up the lights where the old ones went. bought them from stangmods.com they now have a package for the HIDs with projector headlights. I wish I would have gotten that because I now I have to buty them seperately. the package gives you the high beams which at this point, I do not have. whatever, either way I would suggest them. they really look good. just make sure to get the fog lights too because my car looks pretty crappy with two tones of light. my two cents i give them an 8 out of 10 just because I don't have high beams.

Quick Reply: Gen. TECH: Headlight & Taillight conversions