General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

hit a curb

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 02:43 AM
dave86
1st Gear Member

Default hit a curb

This morning on the way home from my early class, it was raining. I took the exit from the highway which curves sharply going too fast, and I hit my driver's side front wheel against the curb HARD and then my whole car went up over the curb. I was still able to drive it home suprisingly. I had to drive it back to school later, and then I had to drive it to work after that. My tires are somehow ok, but man that wheel is BAD now. Anyways.. could anyone please tell me where I could find a stock 17"x8" 5 spoke GT wheel for cheap? I saw one on stangparts.com that isn't even clearcoated for $100. I think that's too much. I have my saleen wheels and dunlop tires sitting around waiting to be put on, but I don't want to put them on yet because I need to have some front end problems fixed. My dad said it would be best to wait until the front end is fixed before I put expensive tires on so they would wear evenly. So... if anyone knows where I might be able to find a replacement, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't care if it's clearcoated or not (although I prefer it). I mainly just care about the price. I just spent $500 on books, so I'm pretty low on cash. Oh, and I know I'm a moron for letting this happen to my poor stang.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:06 AM
93StangLX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: hit a curb

EBAY?
Old 08-24-2005, 04:12 AM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

yep ebay..
Old 08-24-2005, 04:13 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Yeah ebay's great. Even a junk yard or classifides ads.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:25 AM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

http://theserviceadvisor.com/part/al...tangitems.html
Old 08-24-2005, 08:25 AM
penceman
4th Gear Member

Yeah I would say Ebay. And no your not an idiot for hitting the curb. The guy I bought my car from hit them all the time because the bottom of the door on the passenger side is scraped to hell and back.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:11 AM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

i have alot of curb rash on my back left stock wheel. I would say ebay for sure.

good luck.

im bad about the drive thru at the bank. rubbing the curb thru there..[:@] lol
Old 08-24-2005, 04:07 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

i always call the boneyards first for something like that.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:43 PM
dave86
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: penceman

Yeah I would say Ebay. And no your not an idiot for hitting the curb. The guy I bought my car from hit them all the time because the bottom of the door on the passenger side is scraped to hell and back.

I didn't just scrape my wheel. I bent the part of the metal along the outside that holds the tire in. There's just a strip of metal torn off held on by the end of the strip. I'll post pics whenever I can get the digital cam from my dad. Anyways, I decided to just put my new wheels/tires on; it costs $100-200 for a replacement wheel. My stock wheels cost more than my Saleen replicas. Crazy...
Old 08-24-2005, 08:33 PM
p0rsche23
3rd Gear Member

yea ive ran over a curb too in my stang,only goin bout 80 on an access road, now that was stupid...lol, but yea it bent the whole rim and **** too and i couldnt find a replacement for cheap so i jus checked around and found some wheels off an 03 that the guy was replacing to get some custom wheels(he worked at a tire shop)....

Quick Reply: hit a curb