General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fascia Damage... Never Again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:36 AM
LS1fivepointO
1st Gear Member

Just get someone to get you close to the curb and pick a point on the dash/windhsield that you can line up to the curb with.

Driving school taught us that on the first day
Old 07-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Silver0911
1st Gear Member

I think ill pass on this product
Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangDerbyGirl
I have a 2007 Mustang, and for whatever reason, it seems that I've been getting a lot of damage to the front part of my fendor - most likely due to hitting curbs. Can't lie. I am not great in tight spaces. The scrapes and marks on the fascia look awful, and I'm considering having it replaced, but if I do get it replaced I would like to make sure it doesn't happen again, because that would be infuriating.

Has anyone heard of this new Curb Alert thing? I guess it beeps when you get within a few inches of the curb.

http://www.brandmotion.com/curb-alert-1/curb-alert.html

If you have bought it or used it, what did you think? Was it worth it to make sure you don't hit the curb again?

A friend of mine (who knows my propensity for making that horrible scraping noise with my car) suggested I get this. He also gave me a code to get 20 percent off [RVS20OFF] which I am willing to share here for some solid advice!

Thoughts? (And please don't say learn to drive!)
LEARN TO DRIVE!

Just kidding, but try to get your money back and tell them the product did not work as advertised. And you might even want to try to tough talk them into paying for the damages. Sure they will put up a fight, but check your local consumer laws and see if you are due some compensation for your damages.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:54 AM
MustangDerbyGirl

I have a 2007 Mustang, and for whatever reason, it seems that I've been getting a lot of damage to the front part of my fendor - most likely due to hitting curbs. Can't lie. I am not great in tight spaces. The scrapes and marks on the fascia look awful, and I'm considering having it replaced, but if I do get it replaced I would like to make sure it doesn't happen again, because that would be infuriating.

Has anyone heard of this new Curb Alert thing? I guess it beeps when you get within a few inches of the curb.

http://www.brandmotion.com/curb-alert-1/curb-alert.html

If you have bought it or used it, what did you think? Was it worth it to make sure you don't hit the curb again?

A friend of mine (who knows my propensity for making that horrible scraping noise with my car) suggested I get this. He also gave me a code to get 20 percent off [RVS20OFF] which I am willing to share here for some solid advice!

Thoughts? (And please don't say learn to drive!)
I haven't actually bought the Curb Alert yet. I was hoping for a little bit of feedback on it first. I think I am actually going to spring for it, because that noise it makes when I roll into the edge of the curb honestly makes me want to cry a little bit.

And by spring for it, I mean I think my dad would think of it as a good "investment."

Wouldn't you buy it for your kid if they were parking-challenged?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

No, I'd take them out and teach them how to parallel park. This may help and it's free:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-loe3xXLg

Either way we know you're smart enough to buy a Mustang so you're good in my books.

Last edited by bakerjd; 07-27-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:30 PM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

Doesn't anyone think this is spam?

New member, no posts, pining about her lack of skills, But Wait! There's a fix! It's this gadget to save her and she even has a video and a discount code?

Hello? Suckers?

Last edited by scottybaccus; 07-27-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:13 AM
Demonhead
1st Gear Member

If you don't have too deep of a scratch you can pick up rubbing compound at autozone and remove the scratches. Way cheaper than getting a new one. Look it up on YouTube there are a lot of instructional videos :]
Old 07-28-2011, 01:58 AM
emin
2nd Gear Member

Why do I have a feeling the OP works for the company?

And a heads up, when parking, just line your right mirror up with the left mirror of the car(similar size) to your right. If they didn't hit the curb, neither will you.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:12 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Never heard of it.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:39 AM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

I would just teach them how to park for themselves so they aren't some crappy driver with a car like half of the other kids out on the road.

Quick Reply: Fascia Damage... Never Again!