General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fascia Damage... Never Again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:33 AM
MustangDerbyGirl

Default Fascia Damage... Never Again!

I have a 2007 Mustang, and for whatever reason, it seems that I've been getting a lot of damage to the front part of my fendor - most likely due to hitting curbs. Can't lie. I am not great in tight spaces. The scrapes and marks on the fascia look awful, and I'm considering having it replaced, but if I do get it replaced I would like to make sure it doesn't happen again, because that would be infuriating.

Has anyone heard of this new Curb Alert thing? I guess it beeps when you get within a few inches of the curb.

http://www.brandmotion.com/curb-alert-1/curb-alert.html

If you have bought it or used it, what did you think? Was it worth it to make sure you don't hit the curb again?

A friend of mine (who knows my propensity for making that horrible scraping noise with my car) suggested I get this. He also gave me a code to get 20 percent off [RVS20OFF] which I am willing to share here for some solid advice!

Thoughts? (And please don't say learn to drive!)
Old 07-03-2011, 06:20 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I'd say just learn to drive.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:24 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Curb alerts are good for grandparents..
Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Reaper05

Hmmm, sounds like it could be a good idea, but I've never used one. I'm going to add a chin spoiler to my 'stang and I'm sort of concerned about tall curbs.....
Old 07-03-2011, 08:07 PM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

its really not that hard to pay attention to what is around you and what you might scrape on. maybe you should put a lift kit on it haha
Old 07-03-2011, 08:39 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

lol women hitting curbs. The world is a beautiful place.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Sounds kind of interesting OP maybe you should try it out.
But how often are you hitting curbs?
Its better to park too far from the curb than too close.
I would hate to see what you rims look like. Lol
Old 07-08-2011, 04:26 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Reaper05
Hmmm, sounds like it could be a good idea, but I've never used one. I'm going to add a chin spoiler to my 'stang and I'm sort of concerned about tall curbs.....
op - just curious how old are you? Not trying to be a dick but with age comes experience.

I was afraid of the chin spoiler catching more on parking curbs while parking it. To fix this I added a camera to my backup camera so that with a flip of a switch I can see how far I am from it.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:26 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
op - just curious how old are you? Not trying to be a dick but with age comes experience.

I was afraid of the chin spoiler catching more on parking curbs while parking it. To fix this I added a camera to my backup camera so that with a flip of a switch I can see how far I am from it.
Good point Scott. And I like the idea of the cameras; how did you rig that? I too often have a hard time gauging how far or close I am to curbs even when looking out my windows and using the mirrors
Old 07-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Reaper05

Originally Posted by ttocs

For me it's really just this is still a new-ish car that I'm driving and I haven't completely gotten the feel of it. I was accustomed to driving a Chevelle with drag coils so it sat up a good bit from the curb so I never had to worry about it. I just need to get the feel of the car.....

Quick Reply: Fascia Damage... Never Again!