General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

PYPES Exhuast don't do it ** warning **

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

I generally never buy other than local, good luck
Old 08-10-2011, 02:46 PM
jbane2009

This was the last email they wrote~ Just Now

"I can't waste anymore time on this. You want me to do something I don't feel comfortable doing"

I wanted them to send a repalcement part for a defective header that has a broken weld that's evident in the pictures i sent them, Not to mush to ask for, is it?

Again i will state it, do some searching you will see that im not the onlhy one having issues with this company or thier headers. Buy American
Jason
Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jbane2009
This was the last email they wrote~ Just Now

"I can't waste anymore time on this. You want me to do something I don't feel comfortable doing"

I wanted them to send a repalcement part for a defective header that has a broken weld that's evident in the pictures i sent them, Not to mush to ask for, is it?

Again i will state it, do some searching you will see that im not the onlhy one having issues with this company or thier headers. Buy American
Jason

lol wow. its common practice for most companies to ship out a new part once the defective part has been received and verified.

that gives you some downtime which sucks, so he gave you another option. you could pay for a 2nd part to be sent immediately and you would be refunded once the defective part is received.

theres nothing wrong with either of those scenarios. they even said you failed to provide proof of purchase in the post just under yours. your asking them to take them at your word.

no one in there right mind would do that. its a good way to get scammed, and as he said...burned.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Yeah sounds like both sides could do a bit better unfortunately. OP, that is just standard business practice for return policy for most places of business.

But it does sound from the response and email you posted that Pypes customer service is lacking as well.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:12 PM
200945th

that’s is not true I sent them receipt and shipping information plus well defined pictures, 4 of them, less one that was a bit blurry. they were given everything they asked for, prior to the next phase which was stated as you have two options buy a new part send and send in the broken at your cost or send in the broken at your cost, we will inspect and refund and ship at your cost or send in broken part at your cost we will inspect and if it fails we will send you a new one at your cost. Do you see a theme here, it's my cost. It's really a shame that a company like this would not stand up and say hey it's our fault here's a replacement. When a customer of mine is unhappy i fix it i don't argue and go back and forth i ask how can i make it better, then do so. Happy customer don't get on forums a whine about poor customer service and crappy headers. Simplest solution to this was for them to honor their warrantee by sending a new header, i would have then sent the defective one back to them. I may have any paid the shipping costs although i should not have to. they would have been out about 50.00 before they got their credit for the defective header from the manufacturer. To give an simple example my phone broke i called att they sent me a new one with a box, postage paid to return, the broken one in, its not to tough.

Whatever it cost me 30.00 to get it welded and it's brand new again, did you read the part were it has less than 1500 miles on it.
these guys pretend to be a stand up American company but their nothing more than cheap resellers of foreign crap. Never again

Anyone interested in buying a complete exhaust system Nearly *NEW*
I at this point would rather have stock
Old 08-10-2011, 05:19 PM
200945th

Oh and im sure that the $30.00 i spent to get it welded is less than what all the shipping charges would have been. Plus it will be back on the motor tomorrow. My baby will be fixed.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 PM
emin
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the heads up. I was about to pull the trigger on a Pypes system but I guess I will do some more searching around.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:40 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

I have dealt with Pypes and I can see the fustration the OP has. I don't recommend anything from them. I still have a new H-Pipe that is scrap metal because fitment is so bad.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:53 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

thats why Id rather pay more for a more quality piece

Cheap price usually means cheap quality and cheap customer service.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:46 AM
jbane2009

How do i upload a picture??? I will show you how bad this is.

Quick Reply: PYPES Exhuast don't do it ** warning **