General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how to get a '99-'04 GT to around 450rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 01:09 AM
beenen

Default how to get a '99-'04 GT to around 450rwhp?

was doing some research about these cars before buying one..just asking you guys what mods will it take to make these 4.6 GT to get around 450 rwhp?

I know I will be getting long tube headers for sure..but what else?

and it is safe for stock internals pushing that kind of HP?

thanks for any advice
Old 09-24-2011, 06:13 AM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

the best way is to , supercharge it or a turbo set up. you can not and will not be able to do it with just bolt ons. a fully bolt on gt will only put down around 260 to 270 wheel hp. now with cams and sone trick flow heads you should have around 330 wheel hp.im new to the mustang so i could be a little off. some one that has had a mustang longer than me will chime in soon im sure. look in my sig, i will be lucky to have 250 whp
Old 09-24-2011, 09:22 AM
arabianobsession
2nd Gear Member

Modular Mustang Racing does a full race port and polish on Trick Flow heads that adds about 90 hp, and they will also port and polish the aluminum intake you can pick up, which adds about 30-40 more hp. Check out their site-they can work some pretty awesome magic for NA setups: http://modularmustangracing.com

I have heard that stock internals can handle that much hp, but too much more and it's time to upgrade.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:39 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by arabianobsession
Modular Mustang Racing does a full race port and polish on Trick Flow heads that adds about 90 hp, and they will also port and polish the aluminum intake you can pick up, which adds about 30-40 more hp.
Not gonna even come close to 450rwhp
S/C or turbo is only option
Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 AM
arabianobsession
2nd Gear Member

I didn't say it was going to come to 450 rwhp......I'm just saying with bolt ons you can make a sizable dent in the hp category. Obviously the only way you're going to make serious hp is with forced induction.

*sigh*
Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by arabianobsession
I didn't say it was going to come to 450 rwhp......I'm just saying with bolt ons you can make a sizable dent in the hp category. Obviously the only way you're going to make serious hp is with forced induction.

*sigh*
Bolt on's for a 2v do virtually zilch
Heads/cams are NOT bolt on's
Old 09-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

This is coming from a guy who had every bolt on besides LT's. I think I maybe gained about 25-30 hp (with cams). When I look back on it now, it was a complete waste of money. With parts and labor I spent thousands of dollars with very little noticeable gain. The cheapest and most effecient way to go would be FI.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:56 PM
beenen

hmm well I don't really think I wanna go through all the trouble with a turbo setup..maybe SC..

I've just been looking at two cars..an LS1 trans am or a mustang gt..love the performance of the TA but love the looks of the stang..choices choices choices

thanks to all that have responded so far
Old 09-24-2011, 09:12 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Yep, you'll need boost to get to 450rwhp on a 2V, and then you need to have good suspension & tires or you'll spend most of the time spinning.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Gregflores95gt

yeah definetly some forced induction on a 2v to get that much but then again you always have to think about
-Traction
-how much of that power is your trans going to hold?
-stock internals wont be able to last too long on that much power

Quick Reply: how to get a '99-'04 GT to around 450rwhp?