General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Storing the Stang for a Month

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:14 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Default Storing the Stang for a Month

Hey guys! Wife, baby and I are relocating from NOVA back to Norfolk next month. We're heading down that way this weekend for some house hunting, and we're driving her car and my Stang down so I can put the Stang in storage for the next month. Logistically, its the best move. We have 3 vehicles and trying to move all three when the time comes just doesn't make sense.

Anywho, should I or should I not disconnect the battery for the month (maybe a bit longer) that it's in storage? For those who can't see my sig, it's a supercharged 06 with water-meth and no upgraded audio whatsoever. Water-meth pump is not hooked up to continuous power. No aftermarket security system, either.

Also, is there anything else I should hook up/disconnect while it's in storage? Any other precautions I should take into consideration?

It's been a LONG time since I stored a vehicle...

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:20 PM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

A month is nothing.... I own 6 vehicles and it's not uncommon for one or two of them to sit longer than that between drives. If it makes you feel better, unhooking the battery won't hurt anything.