General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help decideing on Eibach Pro or Sportline Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 AM
bigbencher

Question Help decideing on Eibach Pro or Sportline Springs?

Hey guys I am new here and just bought a 2003 GT 4.6. Completely stock car. I want to lower it for obvious reasons. The car will not be tracked just used as a daily driver. I am going for looks and still maintain some comfort. After reading through past threads I have decided to go with Eibach lowering springs.
My question is which ones to buy for my needs Pro or Sportline?
How far can I drop the car without needing a chamber kit?
Should the rear be dropped more than the front?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:22 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigbencher
Hey guys I am new here and just bought a 2003 GT 4.6. Completely stock car. I want to lower it for obvious reasons. The car will not be tracked just used as a daily driver. I am going for looks and still maintain some comfort. After reading through past threads I have decided to go with Eibach lowering springs.
My question is which ones to buy for my needs Pro or Sportline?
How far can I drop the car without needing a chamber kit?
Should the rear be dropped more than the front?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
When you say you still want a little comfort, that rules out the sportlines. They look GREAT, but ride rough.

The Pro Kit springs offer a decent drop and they handle great, but they don't kill the straight line traction.

At UPR, we carry the UPR/Eibach Pro springs which spec out exactly the same as Pro Kit springs, but they say UPR by Eibach on them.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...prings-v8.html

You don't NEED caster camber plates with these springs, as the added negative camber improves the cornering... but if you want to minimize uneven tire wear, you'll need CC-plates to restore the factory alignment on the car.

UPR's caster camber plates start out at $135/pair (with the mf.com discount) and go up from there.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-s...plates-94.html
Old 05-11-2012, 03:24 PM
bigbencher

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
When you say you still want a little comfort, that rules out the sportlines. They look GREAT, but ride rough.

The Pro Kit springs offer a decent drop and they handle great, but they don't kill the straight line traction.

At UPR, we carry the UPR/Eibach Pro springs which spec out exactly the same as Pro Kit springs, but they say UPR by Eibach on them.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...prings-v8.html

You don't NEED caster camber plates with these springs, as the added negative camber improves the cornering... but if you want to minimize uneven tire wear, you'll need CC-plates to restore the factory alignment on the car.

UPR's caster camber plates start out at $135/pair (with the mf.com discount) and go up from there.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-s...plates-94.html
How much do the UPR/Eibach Pro springs cost?
Old 05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

The average price is around 229.00 I think. But look around. I put the Pro Kit on my '03GT, about 8 years ago. Didn't need Caster Camber Plates either. I just put on Adjustable Camber Bolts to straighten out the look, and ride. Easy install too.