General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Having problem with Roxiom Switchback Turn Signal Conversion Kit from AM

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 04:42 AM
Scotchdragon

Default Having problem with Roxiom Switchback Turn Signal Conversion Kit from AM

Today I installed Roxiom Switchback Turn Signal Conversion Kit w/ Resistors from AM. When I turned the turn signals on after I had installed them, the blinks increased speed (about 4 times per second) and the tail lights blink so fast that they are not sequential any more... All lights were working, but blink speed became faster than usual.*
Can anybody give me advice for fixing fast blinking?

I'm also using Raxiom*chrome projector headlights, CCFL Halo from AM.*
Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

First thing I'd check is the connectors. Just looked at the kit photos, and those wire tap style connectors are kind of crap in general, and really poor for something like this that will be exposed to the elements.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 06-11-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Scotchdragon

i checked the connectors and if the connectors are not connected, the white LED lights don't turn on and also amber turn signals don't turn on...
Old 06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Where does the kit say to splice the resistors in? The ground wires?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:19 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

You need an electronic flasher rather than a mechanical one, needs to be either rated heavy duty or LED compatible. That will cure the fast flash. Do your Halos not work either? If not, then you need to splice the wiring in, those insulation displacement connectors SUCK and should NEVER be used on a vehicle, if they were any good ford would use them...and they dont.

Fyi, the flasher unit will take the place of those resistors so you wont need to use them at all. My new edge has all LED's liscense plate, tail/brake, reverse, front/rear turn signals and all I needed was the flasher I ordered online from superbrightleds.com.

Last edited by stevednmc; 06-11-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

The '05+ don't have a mechanical flasher. It's controlled electronically through the Smart Junction Box. The fast flash he's seeing indicates the SJB isn't seeing the load correctly on the bulb(s) in question and is indicating a bulb out.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 06-12-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Scotchdragon

Thanks Torch_Vert and stevednmc. So I don't have I put flasher because there is SJB? I didn't Cut the cables and I just clipped by using clips that came with the kit. The instruction says I have to clip resistors between + and - and I already did it...
Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Scotchdragon
Thanks Torch_Vert and stevednmc. So I don't have I put flasher because there is SJB? I didn't Cut the cables and I just clipped by using clips that came with the kit. The instruction says I have to clip resistors between + and - and I already did it...
That should work the way you say you have it wired. Maybe call AM and see if they have any advice?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Scotchdragon

Thanks Torch_Vert! I'm gonna ask AM to solve this problem someday I have time. But actually, I wanna know if there are other ppl who face this problem on 2011+ mustang first. Anyone?
Old 10-25-2012, 08:54 PM
S197 in SC

I installed the led's and supplied resistors. The issue I am having is different. Mine work great when they work. However, they sometimes don't work at all. No light output at all. I lock / unlock the car several times, turn on just parking lights and, then they, start working. It wouldn't be a huge deal, but when they don't work, my turn signals don't work, either. Only the fronts though. The backs work normally. Help! I don't understand what's going on...

Quick Reply: Having problem with Roxiom Switchback Turn Signal Conversion Kit from AM