General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I NEED HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 AM
xxIMMAxBEASTxx

Question I NEED HELP!!!!

Ok guys I have a 2003 Ford Mustang. When I bought the car the trunk was all gutted. I recently put in 2 10" JL Audios and as you could guess my trunk is rattling ridiculously. I bought some Hush mat but its another $150 to finish it. Should I finish the Hushmat or get carpet and put it in or what, im up for anything that works. Thanks ahead of time guys.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:52 AM
95greengt
3rd Gear Member

I am sure carpet would help some but it is going to rattle unless you finish the "hushmat"
Old 11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

I was the one that asked the stupid question of what was hush mat was. Sorry for the stupid question first of all. I just had two twelves installed. What I did was my speakers were installed in a box. I faced the speakers towards the inside of the car for better sound quality. I cut a piece of board and wrapped it in carpet and placed it as a stand because your trunk actually declines towards the back. Then I measured out another piece of board and wrapped it in carpet and screwed it in verticalally to hide the box. It hits hard and my trunk rattles a little bit so I'm still going to apply the hush mat but the base board for the box along with the carpet helped a lot. Ill send you some pics to give you a clue of what I'm talking about. All you see is the amp when you open my trunk.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

Apparently I'm not smart enough to put the pics up so just go to Facebook and look for Jordan Gause from SC my car is my cover page then scroll down my personal page and you'll see three pics of my speakers and how they're fabricated into the trunk space
Old 11-03-2012, 10:00 AM
craig71springsport
2nd Gear Member

Most vibration sensitive parts of a car (amps/subs/my MSD 6AL box) come with rubber spacers that go in between the mounting surface and the piece itself when you bolt them down. This provides alot of vibration deletion/vibration sound deadening. If you don't have any a hardware store would probably carry something similar. Along with the hush mat that should come close to eliminating your problem.