General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to the site just bought a mustang gt 08 need some input on exhaust mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 AM
GT8

Default New to the site just bought a mustang gt 08 need some input on exhaust mod

Hi everone, need some help on a catback exhaust. I bought the flowmaster axleback exhaust 60 series delta two weeks ago and im not to keen on them. Wanted more of a aggresive sound. So looking to sell those and purchase the catback Roush exhaust or the catback flowmaster exhaust. What's funny is the flowmaster exhaust has the same type of muffler that i have on now 60 delta but it comes with the scavenger xpipe. You cant buy that xpipe alone. Well you can but its not the same one you have to make all sorts of mods to it. Since i have the roush cold air intake i was lloking to keep everything roush.

My question is anyone has any of these two type of catbacks on their mustangs and can shed some light. Thanks again

http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...back-0509.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flowma...ck-0510gt.html
Old 12-20-2012, 10:52 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT8

My question is anyone has any of these two type of catbacks on their mustangs and can shed some light. Thanks again

http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...back-0509.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flowma...ck-0510gt.html

Welcome to the MF! Definitely post up some pictures of your Mustang, we'd love to check it out. Both of the exhaust you linked to are great! The Flowmaster is going to give you that old school raspy exhaust tone. The Roush is going to sound more new school with a deep growl!

I really don't think you can go wrong! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. I'm looking forward to hearing about some of our fellow members experiences!

-Dan
Old 12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
GT8

Thanks for the response. I will def put picks up soon need a nice day here in ****ty ct lol... Iam leaning more to the roush because i already have the cold air intake.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:39 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Go with the Roush mufflers
Old 12-20-2012, 03:23 PM
GT8

Well its the catback im looking at not the axleback. There is no muffler attach like the flowmaster ones which have the delta 60 series connect to the exhaust
Old 12-20-2012, 10:08 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Just get axlebacks. Save for long tube headers and then get an x-pipe/H-pipe that fits long tubes. Unless that's all your ever going to do to your car is catback and mufflers.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

I only say that because multiple club members in the mustang club I'm apart of went your route then decided to get long tubes and wasted money on the x-pipes for stock manifolds.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:11 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Plus its cheaper to just go to a shop and have them install bigger piping from the cats back
Old 12-21-2012, 09:15 AM
GT8

Originally Posted by johngt10
Just get axlebacks. Save for long tube headers and then get an x-pipe/H-pipe that fits long tubes. Unless that's all your ever going to do to your car is catback and mufflers.
I have axlebacks on now flowmaster 60 series delta. I dont like them not giving me the sound i want. So that is why i'm looking at a Cat-back
Old 12-21-2012, 05:07 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

Off road H pipe and borla stingers. Period

Quick Reply: New to the site just bought a mustang gt 08 need some input on exhaust mod