General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

New 5.0 GT Premium, what are base upgrades?

Old 05-01-2013, 12:52 AM
striperbisher

Default New 5.0 GT Premium, what are base upgrades?

I have a New 5.0 Premium with an Automatic transmission. It is completely stock. I would like to know some basic upgrades to start it out with. I was thinking of upgrading the gears to 3:73 or 4:10. Please give input on this one the most. I am not going to supercharge the car at this time but may in 3-5 years. I would also like to put 19 or 20 inch wheels and tires on it, a CAI with a Bama Tuner and a new exhaust and possibly a new hood that has forced air induction. Please suggest if these are good or bad ideas. I do not want to put a supercharger on it at this time but may in the future and that makes me wonder about gear selection....My main upgrade for power/speed is taller gears and the rest will give me some hp but is mainly cosmetic. Thank you for any input. I have a local speed/racing shop that that will be doing the work.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:42 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by striperbisher
I have a New 5.0 Premium with an Automatic transmission. It is completely stock. I would like to know some basic upgrades to start it out with. I was thinking of upgrading the gears to 3:73 or 4:10. Please give input on this one the most. I am not going to supercharge the car at this time but may in 3-5 years. I would also like to put 19 or 20 inch wheels and tires on it, a CAI with a Bama Tuner and a new exhaust and possibly a new hood that has forced air induction. Please suggest if these are good or bad ideas. I do not want to put a supercharger on it at this time but may in the future and that makes me wonder about gear selection....My main upgrade for power/speed is taller gears and the rest will give me some hp but is mainly cosmetic. Thank you for any input. I have a local speed/racing shop that that will be doing the work.
If I were you I would definitely throw in a Set of Gears, 3.73's or 4.10's will be great, CAI/Tune and Exhaust as well! This will really wake your GT up.

Another great modification on this year Mustang is suspension. They have plenty of power but can definitely use some improvements with the Suspension!

This is just a couple recommendations. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Old 05-01-2013, 01:27 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Yes Suspension! I just put Eibach Pro Springs on my 2013 5.0. It's a huge difference, I am now looking at doing Eibach sway bar, shocks and struts.