General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anybody read the articles on Mustangforums?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Default Anybody read the articles on Mustangforums?

I wonder if anybody's ever read the "How to change the Oil for your Mustang Cobra" article here on Mustangforums.

If the title alone doesn't lead you to suspect the article was originally written in Chinese or Hindi, check out these select quotes:

Home » 1994-1998 SN95 Mustang » Engine
How to Change the Oil for your Mustang Cobra

Changing the oil on your Mustang Cobra is an excellent way to develop a better understanding of the inner workings of your car.

Before you change it (the oil), test it out with a dipstick to be sure of the quality of the oil.

Step 3 -- Drain the Oil

Loosen the oil drain plug by hand....

Step 4 -- Check on the Filter

...Examine the oil filter for signs of wear and tear. If it appears that the filter mechanism itself may be damaged, or if there's excessive debris and corrosion in it, you should plan to change the filter out for a new one in its place. Know however that you may not need to change the oil filter every time that you change the oil in your car, so it's worth checking first.

Step 5 -- Add New Oil

... Look on the back of the oil packaging to see how many quarts you'll need, then allow that many quarts exactly to drip into the car's oil container.

All of the materials and tools necessary for this project can be found at your local hardware store or at a car body shop store.

I don't know about you, but I certainly learned a lot of new things like:

I can check the quality of my motor oil with a dipstick - I may not have to change it!

I can loosen my drain plug by hand!

I may have to replace my filter mechanism only if there's excessive corrosion or debris present, and I may not have to change my filter mechanism every time I change my oil.

I can find out how many quarts of motor oil my Mustang Cobra needs by referring to the back of the oil packaging! Damn! I should have been buying the Mobil 1 marked "2004 Mustang Mach 1" for the last nine years!

Had I bought the correct oil, I would have not needed to worry about the correct amount of oil dripping into my car's oil container! Where do I puncture the oil packaging to make it drip, anyway?

I can find everything I need to change the oil on a Mustang cobra at my local hardware store or car body shop store!

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 05-16-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:15 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

ROFLMAO.......