General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

2014 mt82 fluid leak

Old 08-09-2013, 09:32 PM
greenmeanie

Default 2014 mt82 fluid leak

Gents...I am asking for some help here. Just got my new 2014 mustang gt and every day I find a quarter size drop of tranny oil on my garage floor. I put her on jacks and found where it is collecting and dropping from. there is a section on the back end of the tranny right befor the ujoint, it has a bunch of funky bolts connecting it to the main body of the tranny. There is a rubber plug on the section as well. For sure that is where the drops form. I cleaned it and within 30 minutes a drop size blob of tranny fluid ( I assume tranny fluid) collected there. I am taking it in tomorrow along with a well written note describing the issue. Oh yeah I marked the area with a shot of green paint to make it even easier for them to find the issue. I also said that the road noise is CONSIDERABLY higher than my buddies 2013 5.0. I want a ride in another car in case they tell me it is "normal" along with a tranny drain / fill as this has been going on who knows how long before I bought the ride. I admit I am **** when it comes to cars but a new car should NEVER leak ...not a drop. Any feedback men?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:43 PM
C. Love
1st Gear Member

Take the thing back. I have a 2012 ram truck i got new and it was leaking on day 1, then again its a company truck so i took it in got it fixed and pay no never
Mind to it. Road noise wise idk what to tell yah
Old 08-09-2013, 10:05 PM
greenmeanie

Originally Posted by C. Love
Take the thing back. I have a 2012 ram truck i got new and it was leaking on day 1, then again its a company truck so i took it in got it fixed and pay no never
Mind to it. Road noise wise idk what to tell yah
did they at least fix it and what was the issue?
Old 08-10-2013, 08:05 AM
C. Love
1st Gear Member

Oh yeah they fixed it. It was just a seal that was slightly crooked it happens from time to time. After they replace it no problems. On my personal car i would have been a bit more upset and would have been like i want a new car all together lol unless i love that car
Old 08-12-2013, 11:18 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by greenmeanie
Gents...I am asking for some help here. Just got my new 2014 mustang gt and every day I find a quarter size drop of tranny oil on my garage floor. I put her on jacks and found where it is collecting and dropping from. there is a section on the back end of the tranny right befor the ujoint, it has a bunch of funky bolts connecting it to the main body of the tranny. There is a rubber plug on the section as well. For sure that is where the drops form. I cleaned it and within 30 minutes a drop size blob of tranny fluid ( I assume tranny fluid) collected there. I am taking it in tomorrow along with a well written note describing the issue. Oh yeah I marked the area with a shot of green paint to make it even easier for them to find the issue. I also said that the road noise is CONSIDERABLY higher than my buddies 2013 5.0. I want a ride in another car in case they tell me it is "normal" along with a tranny drain / fill as this has been going on who knows how long before I bought the ride. I admit I am **** when it comes to cars but a new car should NEVER leak ...not a drop. Any feedback men?
I’d like to get this escalated for you, greenmeanie. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 08-13-2013, 10:28 AM
greenmeanie

Originally Posted by FordService
I’d like to get this escalated for you, greenmeanie. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
thanks!!! However I am allowing the good folks at Healey Ford to do their best..spoke with them yesterday and they found that a gasket was crimped on the rear end of the tranny ( right where I marked the fluid leak). I expect that I will get it back today...fresh fluid, fill and good to go. Maybe it was a "friday car"
Old 08-14-2013, 06:30 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

thanks!!! However I am allowing the good folks at Healey Ford to do their best..spoke with them yesterday and they found that a gasket was crimped on the rear end of the tranny ( right where I marked the fluid leak). I expect that I will get it back today...fresh fluid, fill and good to go. Maybe it was a "friday car"
Awesome! Thank you for the update, greenmeanie. I'm here if you need me.

Deysha
Old 08-15-2013, 06:56 AM
greenmeanie

Originally Posted by FordService
Awesome! Thank you for the update, greenmeanie. I'm here if you need me.

Deysha
i got the car back and so far no leak, they said that he gasket was misaligned, reseated gasket, fluid fill...we are all happy.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:01 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

i got the car back and so far no leak, they said that he gasket was misaligned, reseated gasket, fluid fill...we are all happy.
Awesome!!

Deysha