General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

2014 radio question

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sentino
I am so confused over this! I actually got my iTunes tracks to play via USB and it does show the artist and title, etc. Same with Pandora (but only via the USB link up).

I can't get Pandora to perform with Sync via the Mobile Apps option. . . . I agree that I should be able to do all this via Bluetooth.
That is very odd. I have the base radio with sync and mine works through mobile apps. If you use pandora, did you go on the app settings on pandora on your phone to make sure Bluetooth is on for the car? It won't connect unless this is turned on. Also, did you check ford syncs website to make sure your phones compatible.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM
sentino

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
That is very odd. I have the base radio with sync and mine works through mobile apps. If you use pandora, did you go on the app settings on pandora on your phone to make sure Bluetooth is on for the car? It won't connect unless this is turned on. Also, did you check ford syncs website to make sure your phones compatible.
It's an iphone 5, so yes it is compatible. I don't see where in settings in Pandora to turn on automotive use.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

It's an iphone 5, so yes it is compatible. I don't see where in settings in Pandora to turn on automotive use.
Could be just an android thing. I have a droid razor. I would assume pandora is the same for either phone. On my pandora there's a screen that says, stations/feed/profile/settings. I just open the settings and then open advanced where it has a "Bluetooth for automotive" setting. Your Bluetooth May all be one setting.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:50 PM
sentino

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
Could be just an android thing. I have a droid razor. I would assume pandora is the same for either phone. On my pandora there's a screen that says, stations/feed/profile/settings. I just open the settings and then open advanced where it has a "Bluetooth for automotive" setting. Your Bluetooth May all be one setting.
Then the iphone 5 must NOT be compatible. . . . When I go to settings, advanced, it only shows:
Higher quality audio on/off
Conserve battery on/off
That is all! I am surprised. Does anyone else here have an iphone 5??
Old 11-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Your phone is definitely compatible, that's for sure. There's just some small speed bump to get over to get this working.
Maybe this link we'll help you somehow. It does say it may take a while for sync to find new apps on an iOS device. Reception plays a part in connectivity. Make sure you have good service when you connect. Here's a link.
http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...-overview-sync
Old 11-24-2013, 02:00 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Then the iphone 5 must NOT be compatible. . . . When I go to settings, advanced, it only shows:
Higher quality audio on/off
Conserve battery on/off
That is all! I am surprised. Does anyone else here have an iphone 5??
Hey sentino,

Which iOS version are you currently running? Have you been able to pull up other apps through AppLink or are you just having trouble with Pandora? Let me know exactly what happens when you give the voice command MOBILE APPS.

Kim
Old 11-24-2013, 10:28 PM
sentino

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey sentino, Which iOS version are you currently running? Have you been able to pull up other apps through AppLink or are you just having trouble with Pandora? Let me know exactly what happens when you give the voice command MOBILE APPS. Kim
I will try tomorrow and let you know... It appears to work only when connected via the USB.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:38 AM
sentino

It says "no mobile apps found" when using wireless.... After saying mobile apps.

Last edited by sentino; 11-25-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:42 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

It says "no mobile apps found" when using wireless.... After saying mobile apps.
Here is some info for using Pandora via AppLink. Make sure you're following these steps: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...c-applink-sync

Let me know if you continue to experience issues.

Kim