General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

American Muscle Disaster

Old 01-30-2014, 07:41 AM
2010Pony

Thumbs down American Muscle Disaster

all taken care of

Last edited by 2010Pony; 02-20-2014 at 06:59 AM. Reason: all taken care of no further action needed
Old 01-30-2014, 08:58 AM
pkugrsq
1st Gear Member

I'm not keeping up exactly with what your saying

I've personally had no problem ordering from American Muscle, and if I had a problem, it's been dealt with properly and professionally.

If what I'm reading is correct, your Cold air Intake didn't ship because it was probably going to be shipped with the three chrome pieces. And it seems like it didn't ship because the pieces probably went on back order. In that case, all you can do is just wait.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:41 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2010Pony
Today I ordered over $900.00 worth of merchandise from American Muscle, they put it in 3 separate orders,1 free t shirt and it shipped. #2 order strut tower brace and it shipped. #3rd order with 8 other items not shipped because they said 3 small chrome items out of stock. In this order was a CAI. This order totaled almost 700.00. When it was all ordered I was told everything was in stock so because these 3 little chrome pieces were not they did not ship. I called at 4:37 spoke to a rep. He told me he took care of it and the items would be shipped today. So with that said I took off my CAI which is no pleaser. At 5:02 they then told me via email the 3rd order was not shipped because of the 3 items. I called a 3rd time and they told me i was to late. I ordered these items at 12:48. That is not the worst, called again spoke to a supervisor who told me "I remember u, u had problems in the past with you last 3 orders that did not ship on time". I said that is correct, so u know your company has had problems in the past. Then basically I was told he will look into it tomorrow when he comes in and he will have another supervisor look into it earlier because he does not come in till 12:30. Then he stated "THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT AT THIS TIME" nice answer. I will think twice before I order from them again and I advise u to do the same. 2010 pony
I'm really sorry to hear about the crappy experience you had with us. When looking into your order, I was told by my Customer Service Manager that he already spoke with you this morning and you're in good shape? He told me he got your order all straightened out? If this is not correct, please let me know and I'll make sure you're in taken care of.

We really appreciate your business and loyalty and would never intentionally do anything to damage that relationship. We'll always bend over backwards to make sure all of our customers are taken care of and satisfied.

I look forward to speaking with you. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

-Dan
Old 01-30-2014, 02:10 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by 2010Pony
In this order was a CAI.
He told me he took care of it and the items would be shipped today. So with that said I took off my CAI which is no pleaser.

.... 2010 pony
Am I reading this correctly - you ordered a CAI, and even though you don't have it yet, but because you thought it was being shipped today you removed your current intake? Why? Even if it shipped today you won't have it for several days.

And how difficult is it to remove the intake. I've taken mine off and swapped in less than a half hour.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:37 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Disaster? Little extreme? Coming from a person who's had 3 posts, I'll take it with a grain of salt if you don't mind. I've been using AM for years and am an advocate. They've always done right by me and their shipping isn't bad IMO. Amazon ships better than they do, but then Amazon ships better than everyone else on the planet. Sorry you had the problems, but if you can find another vendor better than AM, feel free to be froggy and jump but they are the best in the biz and that's saying a lot.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:40 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

i'm still trying to figure out why you removed your stock intake...
Old 01-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Murgatroy
2nd Gear Member

I am trying to figure out if there is anything in there that makes sense for the rest of the world.

I understand that you had a problem with a vendor, but after that, very little of your post makes any sense.

One thing I did understand is that you removed your stock intake before your new one even shipped, so I am then confused as to how you are upset when the obvious problem is user error, not vendor.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Aaron Bridges
1st Gear Member

I agree with second post I've never had problems with American Muscle, I do however wish they had a bigger selection for pi 2v engine I know they used to sell the TFS head kit but they don't any more I have a ton of ideas and parts that should be made to sell to the public.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:41 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

I agree with the others; "Disaster" is a bit extreme. Also removing the CAI today makes zero sense unless you ordered overnight.

I've had a couple minor issues with the items I've received from AM but nothing worth going public on the board - and I think I'm about the $2k range with them over the past month.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:51 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
I am trying to figure out if there is anything in there that makes sense for the rest of the world.

I understand that you had a problem with a vendor, but after that, very little of your post makes any sense.

One thing I did understand is that you removed your stock intake before your new one even shipped, so I am then confused as to how you are upset when the obvious problem is user error, not vendor.
I didn't understand anything he posted, I've always had great service from AM my only guess to his post is that he has read others complain about AM and was expecting to get something free Since AM usually give a unhappy customer something to help ease there pain.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: American Muscle Disaster