General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BAMA 93 Race Tune for Daily Driving?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 12:01 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

Question BAMA 93 Race Tune for Daily Driving?

Hello,

So I finally picked up a CAI/tune package from AM (Steeda CAI + BAMA's street, performance and race tunes). I've read where BAMA's race tune is recommended for track use only and not daily driving.

It seems that it is just recommended due to the driving characteristics the race tune gives the 5.0, rather than the tune not being safe for long term use. Am I correct in that assumption?

Has anyone ran into any mechanical issues using the race tune long term? I completely trust BAMA and assume they wouldn't intentionally write risky tunes. What it boils down to is, I'm just paranoid and need some reassurance.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:35 AM
Silver0911
1st Gear Member

The way I read it, the throttle sensitivity is higher. Plus the extra horsepower increases chances of traction loss. I've always ran the race tune because I just don't wanna deal with changing back and forth and just want to have as much power as I can at all times. More of just a driver safety thing I think, if your comfortable and experienced with your car than you'll be fine with race tune.

Last edited by Silver0911; 03-23-2014 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:52 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by seniorsmith
Hello,

So I finally picked up a CAI/tune package from AM (Steeda CAI + BAMA's street, performance and race tunes). I've read where BAMA's race tune is recommended for track use only and not daily driving.

It seems that it is just recommended due to the driving characteristics the race tune gives the 5.0, rather than the tune not being safe for long term use. Am I correct in that assumption?

Has anyone ran into any mechanical issues using the race tune long term? I completely trust BAMA and assume they wouldn't intentionally write risky tunes. What it boils down to is, I'm just paranoid and need some reassurance.

Thanks in advance.
You're correct. We recommend the Race tune for track use because it's very aggressive. Throttle response, shift points etc.. However, it's perfectly safe to drive on year round! I've had the Race tune on my car for about a year now and haven't had any issues at all.

We will insure that your tune is powerful but still very safe!

I hope this helps. Feel free to hit up the Bama team if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. They can be reached at the contact information below!

-Dan