Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by NewTakeOff

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
ToastTheRabbit

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible
Default Moving from Southern California to Colorado Springs 2002

I have a 2002 Convertible Mustang with the V-6 and the automatic trans.

Colorado Springs is considered "High Altitude" or so I have been told. I am a little rusty so forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question...

What will I need to do to adapt my Mustang if anything. It is my primary vehicle so I know a posi upgrade for the 7.5 (will fix that rear bearing in its death throws while I am at it) and snow tires are pretty much mandatory. Will I need a re-flash on my ECU? I've seen some complaints in forums but some did not mention weather it was stock tune or custom.

My Mustang is 100% stock, 90k miles and ofcourse its due for basic maint (which I will do when I arrive)

Trying to think of anything else that would be relevant. I am towing it on a carrier so I wont know what the effects are until I take my first drive, If I need it tuned, I can just leave it at a dealership, save my cat converters the stress.

Also, anyone have experience driving non posi in snow with tips to share? ASIDE from the usual drive safe, drive sane, drive for the conditions.. Growing up in Michigan I learned 2 things watching people drive in winter, 1. Ford Ranger 2WD are worthless in snow, 2. Ford Mustangs are worse.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
ToastTheRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
rjstubbl
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
claycrushr

I drove mine last winter with Michelin X-Ice 3's and it was impressive. I had no issues getting thru the snow. It was the first time I eve had snow tires and I will have them from now on for winter.
rjstubbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #3
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013, Mustang,V6

I do of work all over Denver and Colorado Springs . I'm up there a few weeks a month. You really don't need to do anything different. The winters aren't too bad. It does get cold but the roads are very well taken care of. I always have rental cars and they never put snow tires or anything in them. I typically get mid level cars like a Focus or Carolla. They do fine. It's when you are driving to the western slope like Vail or Grand Junction that can get dicey.

I wouldn't get winter tires either. The winter is kind of nuts. One day its snowy and 20 degrees, the next its 70 and sunny. This happens pretty much Nov-May. More often than not its pretty sunny.
shouldhavegottheGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:23 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2002, high altitude, snow, v-6