General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

HELP PLEASE Poor Transmission Shift Quality after picking up from Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 10:12 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 15Mustang
Thanks for info, working on more posts now. This is my first mustang in 15 years, though I did have two Focuses and a Taurus in between
Great, 15Mustang! I received your PM. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 02-14-2015, 11:52 AM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ekurtz
This is my first post...

I have an 07 base model automatic transmission with 70k on the odometer. 2 weeks ago, my car wouldn't shift into reverse and was stuck in 2nd (redlining at 45mph). I had the tranny replaced with a junkyard tranny w/ 56k miles on it. After I got my car back, it seems like it's excessively loud when accelerating on the highway (60-70mph).

I would appreciate any knowledge on the situation from anyone. Maybe they didn't fill the fluid properly...error in installation...punctured my exhaust...installed bad tranny...

What should I do??
What should you do? Well, you should start your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's thread.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:10 AM
15Mustang

Well, I spoke to the GM of the dealership Friday (13th), no progress so far. It most certainly does not shift correctly into 4th gear sometimes. Something is damaged in the transmission.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:02 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Well, I spoke to the GM of the dealership Friday (13th), no progress so far. It most certainly does not shift correctly into 4th gear sometimes. Something is damaged in the transmission.
Be sure to address this with your CSM when they contact you, 15Mustang.

Deysha
Old 02-18-2015, 11:56 PM
15Mustang

Update 2/18: I've made lots of phone calls and talked to the service manager, GM, and Ford several times. But let's face it, my Youtube videos could have been better quality. So, I am still working on some type of amicable resolution I was offered a rebuilt transmission (contingent on dealer duplicating problem) since my car is brand new (a couple weeks old).

Any opinions on a rebuilt transmission? Have you heard good or bad things? My experience with rebuilds has been mostly negative.

Last edited by 15Mustang; 03-19-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:32 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Update 2/18: I've made lots of phone calls and talked to the service manager, GM, and a Ford CSM. But let's face it, my Youtube videos could have been better quality. So, I am still working on some type of amicable resolution I was offered a rebuilt transmission since my car is brand new (a couple weeks old)

Any opinions on a rebuilt transmission? Have you heard good or bad things? My experience with rebuilds has been mostly negative.
Your car is, essentially, still new. I am offended on your behalf that they offered you a rebuilt transmission. Unacceptable.

I am a "Ford guy" but I am ashamed. Over the past 15 years I have personally have purchased 3 new Fords and 3 used ones. Situations like this should never happen and I am quite disappointed that Ford treats their customers like this.

A rebuilt tranny might be acceptable if your Mustang was a 2013 with 30,000 miles. You dropped your car off, in their care, with JUST 244 miles on it. Get an attorney.

Last edited by cruisin5268d; 02-19-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:58 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
Your car is, essentially, still new. I am offended on your behalf that they offered you a rebuilt transmission. Unacceptable.

I am a "Ford guy" but I am ashamed. Over the past 15 years I have personally have purchased 3 new Fords and 3 used ones. Situations like this should never happen and I am quite disappointed that Ford treats their customers like this.

A rebuilt tranny might be acceptable if your Mustang was a 2013 with 30,000 miles. You dropped your car off, in their care, with JUST 244 miles on it. Get an attorney.

i hate to break it to u pal, but if a component(s) in the trans fail, and a rebuild will repair it to proper working order, all manufactuers will rebuild under warranty. just because a syncro goes out doesnt mean u get a brand new gear box. before u waste time with an attourney, you probly should read the warranty disclaimer packet that comes with the owners manual. its all there for u to see. but i suggest that coming off like a dick to ford is not a good way to get great service. if the dealer u first went to wasnt to your liking, i suggest you find another dealer.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:16 PM
15Mustang

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d

I agree with this! Morally, a brand new transmission is the right thing to do in this circumstance! (even though the warranty book only legally requires them to rebuild defective parts).
Old 03-19-2015, 08:19 PM
15Mustang

Update 3/19: Unable to get transmission fixed (at all) up to this point. Stuck. Not sure what to do next.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:30 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwog666
i hate to break it to u pal, but if a component(s) in the trans fail, and a rebuild will repair it to proper working order, all manufactuers will rebuild under warranty. just because a syncro goes out doesnt mean u get a brand new gear box. before u waste time with an attourney, you probly should read the warranty disclaimer packet that comes with the owners manual. its all there for u to see. but i suggest that coming off like a dick to ford is not a good way to get great service. if the dealer u first went to wasnt to your liking, i suggest you find another dealer.
His car is NEW. Less than 250 miles when this magical issue happened after Ford and a contractor worked on a cosmetic issue. And then the transmission just magically stops working right.

Probably half of the mere 2xxx miles were to/from the dealer. His car is new. We have so many useless laws in this country. It's time for some useful ones to criminalize dealers that a) rape and abuse someones vehicle and b) screw people over and take advantage of them / the situation.

Customer service is a huge thing but EVERYBODY can agree that dealerships are horrible. We all know this. It's not just Ford. They are all crooks and just looking at them makes my blood boil. To add insult to injury these crooks aggressively try to stop Tesla from changing the game in favor of the consumer.

Disgusting.

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE Poor Transmission Shift Quality after picking up from Dealer