General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Issues with my brakes on my '08 V6

Old 02-23-2015, 07:57 PM
MaquedaBeazt08

Default Issues with my brakes on my '08 V6

Hello Mustang Forum!

I'm a new member just got my Mustang last week as my very first car
I've been obsessed with mustangs since I was 8 years old and the s197 body was released by Ford! After days of searching through new and used I finally came across a beautiful 2008 Silver V6.

The specs on my car are 2008 V6 with 60,000 on the odometer. Automatic Transmission.
Pony Package Mustang clean title without modifications (not for long!)

My Carfax report shows that the car was well services throughout ownerships, with one minor accident. No frame damage, no airbags deployed. I purchased this vehicle from a dealership, it had passed all safety and smog tests.

Overall I'm loving the desicion the cars runs amazing, even as a V6 I'm loving the performance.

Just one small issue, when I'm coming to a stop or in lower speeds as I'm pressing the break pedal I hear a very noticeable noise. As I put more tension OR release tension on the breaks I hear almost like a clicking sound or something similar to creaking floorboards.

at first I feared the problem was the ball joints, but my father told me that if the ball joints were damaged I would hear the clicking when turning as well.

Turns are silent, accelerating is somewhat silent (noise from the engine but nothing else!) pretty much everything is %100 great except for that noise when adding or releasing tension from the brakes.
Sometimes I'll leave my car on Drive and just push/release the brakes (actually louder like this than when slowing down).
I really want to fix this and take care of anything with performance expenses before investing in mods on my Mustang, but I'm loving the car so far glad to be a part of the mustang family.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:09 PM
MaquedaBeazt08

Forgot to mention: The dealership put in new brake pads for me before I took it home, the sound is a clicking sound with changing amounts of tension, not a squealing sound not a grinding sound from worn pads.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:37 PM
james_steep34

try to check this out:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...-problems.html

could be helpful. hope everything is fine now