General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with '08 AC

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 09:04 AM
spedteach2007

Default Help with '08 AC

Hey!

I have a 2008 V6 Convertible. Been having trouble with the AC for quite a while, but the dealership kept saying there was nothing wrong. We'd be going along and the AC would just cut out - start putting out heat and the air coming out decreased greatly.

The weren't able to get the car to do it when I took it in several times. After the extended warranty ran out they finally said maybe it was freon - the freon wasn't low, but they wanted to empty to test the tank and charge an arm and a leg since it was out of warranty. After a go round with them, they decided not to do the test.

The problem is the compressor cuts out. Now it won't even cut on at all. Any suggestions? Or do I take it to the dealership AGAIN and say that I've been trying to get this fixed for 2+ years and they haven't done anything?
Old 03-16-2015, 09:21 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, you could try the dealership idea, but they like their money too lol. And usually when a warranty runs out, that's it.

Ask around for a good reputable shop around your area, they're going to be a lot cheaper than the dealer..... usually.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:45 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about those issues, and welcome to the forum.

Dealers can be rather pricey but perhaps you'd have better luck at a different stealership? How many times did you go there under warranty? If it was a factory warranty that they didn't want to acknowledge perhaps Deysha with FordService (on this forum) could assist you somehow.

Alternatively you can find a quality shop (or dealership). If you do, please be sure to call the Today Show and Good Morning America as that would be a world-changing event!
Old 04-17-2015, 01:29 PM
MustangKing956

Default 2008 4.0 ac only blowing through defrost

I recently got this issue with my mustang no matter what setting I put it on the air blows through the defrost. Not sure what could be the issue. Any help please.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:52 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangKing956
I recently got this issue with my mustang no matter what setting I put it on the air blows through the defrost. Not sure what could be the issue. Any help please.
You should start your own thread and not hijack this one. Your issue is clearly different than the OP's issue. Trying to address two separate people with separate issues only leads to confusion.