General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Leak in passenger side - 2014 For Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 09:21 AM
ncboy1982

Default Leak in passenger side - 2014 For Mustang

My mom bought her Mustang last year and just recently she noticed that there was a pool of water in the passenger side. She took it to the dealership and they eventfully told her that when the car was built at the factory the frame on the right side was crooked and allowing rain water to come into the cabin. She is very upset over this, understandably, and is not comfortable driving the car from this point on. The dealership told her they would have to fully disassemble the car to make the repairs and her concern is how safe the car will be afterwards cause of that and any issues with mold or mildew.

I wanted to see here if anyone else has experienced or know of anyone who has experienced the same problem or advice on what she should do from here. She is thinking of suing Ford (not the dealership that she bought it from) to try to get a new car.

The car is not financed, she paid cash for it when she drove it off the lot. The 1 year anniversary of owning the car happened while the car was in the shop.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Jason
Old 03-30-2015, 09:58 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by ncboy1982
My mom bought her Mustang last year and just recently she noticed that there was a pool of water in the passenger side. She took it to the dealership and they eventfully told her that when the car was built at the factory the frame on the right side was crooked and allowing rain water to come into the cabin. She is very upset over this, understandably, and is not comfortable driving the car from this point on. The dealership told her they would have to fully disassemble the car to make the repairs and her concern is how safe the car will be afterwards cause of that and any issues with mold or mildew.

I wanted to see here if anyone else has experienced or know of anyone who has experienced the same problem or advice on what she should do from here. She is thinking of suing Ford (not the dealership that she bought it from) to try to get a new car.

The car is not financed, she paid cash for it when she drove it off the lot. The 1 year anniversary of owning the car happened while the car was in the shop.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Hello ncboy1982,

Welcome to the forum! I’m not sure if you saw my previous post, but my name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to escalate this for her. Please PM me with her VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 04-01-2015, 07:42 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Good on you, FordService. Good on you.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:00 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by fastbackford351
Good on you, FordService. Good on you.
Thanks, fastbackford351!

Deysha
Old 05-20-2015, 09:02 PM
streetshark 5.0

Sure is good to know that deysha is around ive seen her help a lot of people with 6 speed m82 and clutches ! Ive got the water in the passenger side to!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:27 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by streetshark 5.0
Sure is good to know that deysha is around ive seen her help a lot of people with 6 speed m82 and clutches ! Ive got the water in the passenger side to!
Thank you for the kind words, streetshark 5.0! Please make an appointment with your dealer, and PM me so I can escalate this for you as well. Send me your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 06-14-2015, 11:54 AM
streetshark 5.0

Thanks guys at least goodyear listen to me! Water leak is fixed , but still have rusted steel track and seat. plus I worry about the electrical.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:34 AM
stang2014

Default 2014 v6 mustang leak

I took my 2014 mustang to the Ford Dealership because when it rains there would be a leak on the floor on the drivers side. They changed the driver side mirror & seal. Then it rained and once again there was water on the floor. They looked at it, ran water over the car...only to call me and say they can't find it he source of the leak & to bring it back the next time it rains. I did this and this time they changed the seal around the window. The service all three times was terrible. I have since written to Ford's Dearborn Michigan office as required per the lemon law just in cas it's still not fixed. Three times is enough to fix a leak on a new mustang w 10,000 miles approx.