General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Fuel rail to fuel line connector newbie question. please help asap

Old 04-26-2015, 12:45 PM
FourEyed5Oh

Default Fuel rail to fuel line connector newbie question. please help asap

Hello all. I recently replaced some hackjob fuel lines on my car with brand new prebent ones. I have everything finished but i ran into some issues connecting the fuel rail to the new fuel line. I was told initially its a pressfit that it just snaps in, but as you can see by the pictures i dont belive that is the case. the exsisting fuel rail had a just rubber hose and a hose clamp on it when i removed it, on it but i dont want to fix it the incorrect way or just band aid it. My question will prolly seem dumb to some of you but how do i make these fuel lines connect? i tried just pressing them together and they kept falling apart and i didnt want to force it and break the existing fuel rail. am i supposed to press it in and squeeze the new fuel line tight around it?? tbh im lost at this point. Ive uploaded pics of everything so you can make more sense out of it. also there is a 90* plastic elbow comming out of the tank, i belive its for venting and the charcoal cannister line was cut when i began the repairs, am i understanding correctly that the charcoal cannister line connects to the small plastic vent elbow in the tank?? Thanks in advance for any replies

exsisting fuel rail

new fuel line

new fuel line
Old 04-26-2015, 03:23 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

this is a pic of the 2 ends that u need to connect, the barb side is supposid to fit into the hose portion, the metal sides are the quick connect portion
Old 04-26-2015, 06:58 PM
FourEyed5Oh

Thank you for your reply. I live close to a mustangs unlimited in ct and i went there a few hours after posting and picked up 2 of the female quick connectors.they were actually the last 2 in stock. after getting quite distracted by a mustang show they had there i made my way to advance autoparts and got a quick disconect pair of pliers and managed to squeeze the fittings in. (one snapped in quite easily the other one took a ton of force and leverage to get in. they both seem to fit tight and secure now. I ran out of daylight today but hopefully will ad gas and see if it runs tomorrow and keep yall updated. Ive replaced nearly everything in the fuel system tank, lines, filter, sending unit (waste of $80 still doesnt work), fuel pump (upgraded to walbro 155lph) that started with a leaky gas tank (thanks AAA) hopefully all goes well as my car has not actually been driveable on the road since november.