General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Supercharger Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 01:39 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Default Supercharger Installation

Well...I may just be ready to make the leap. I found a Paxton supercharger for a reasonable price but now need to find an installer. (I'm thinking I'd like to get it done before the Hot Rod Power Tour this year.) Talked to a shop here in the Milwaukee area and lost my breath a little. What is a reasonable price to pay for an install and tune?

I do have my own tuner so I just need their expertise on that part.

And if you know of anyone in my area let me know.

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

If you have all of the parts and if all goes right should be between 750 to 1200 bucks. Are they tuning it for you? If so tack on another 500-600 dollars.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:56 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Seems like Brenspeed and a few others were around $900-1000 for a Roush TVS. Not sure how that relates to the Paxton.
I did my own in about ten hours, so that should tell you what these guys are getting for shop time.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
If you have all of the parts and if all goes right should be between 750 to 1200 bucks. Are they tuning it for you? If so tack on another 500-600 dollars.
That's about what I'm hearing. $1234 actually for the install. And they would have to do the tuning. Guess this won't be happening by June. (Unless I go back to turning tricks on the street corner.)
Old 04-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO
Seems like Brenspeed and a few others were around $900-1000 for a Roush TVS. Not sure how that relates to the Paxton.
I did my own in about ten hours, so that should tell you what these guys are getting for shop time.
I actually have a voicemail in to Brenspeed. You actually did your own though? Are you a gifted mechanic then? I've dreamt of doing it myself and just leaving the tuning to someone else.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Beleive it or not it's not that hard. Most importantly it's the tune. This is one area where you cannot cut corners.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:02 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

Paxton has the installation manuals on their website http://www.paxtonauto.com/article.php?id=154. The installation isn't difficult and the manual covers everything step-by-step with lots of photos.

I would recommend reading through the manual a couple of times and if it all makes sense perform the installation yourself. Just briefly looking it over I'd estimate 7-8 hours, but you could take an entire weekend if you wanted, IMO it would be worth $1200.

You might even find a member near you with experience to help you out.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Wow. You're right. That is very detailed. Will take a look tonight. Thank you. And get this. My wife remembered that my cousin's son is in our area until July. He actually went to some NASCAR pit crew school. Will have to see what kind of bribe it would take to get him over here.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:36 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tracedaddy
I actually have a voicemail in to Brenspeed. You actually did your own though? Are you a gifted mechanic then? I've dreamt of doing it myself and just leaving the tuning to someone else.
I don't think I'm terribly gifted. The biggest thing is the tune of course, and since I bought a Roush, they tuned my PCM via mail. The vMP was done with emails and data logging.
The hardest part of the install was little details like pulling wires from here and rerouting them.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:44 AM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

I may have to try and give this a go.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Installation