General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Took 70 Years to Sit in a Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 01:22 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I have the Bama tunes for life through American Muscle and it took care of the same problem my 2012 V6 had as yours does. Now you mash the pedal and there is no hesitation. The tunes for life will allow you to keep updating your tune if you make any other changes to your car, different wheels and tires, gear sets...etc... you just call them and tell them what you did, and they will email you a new tune. When you go to load your new tune, it will first prompt you to save your stock tune so you can change it back if need be.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:48 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

If you load an aftermarket tune, the ECM will keep a record of it, even after you return it to stock.
FRPP has tunes that shouldn't void your warranty, not sure if they market one for your car.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:25 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Welcome and congratulations. I too am savoring my Mustang in a delayed gratification mode. I've just had my '13 GT for two years now having acquired it just before my 60th birthday. I've always wanted one but when I was young could not afford it, then spent 30 years driving minivans and raising kids. Kids are out and the dog's died so it was time.

Agree about the tune as a way to alleviate the throttle response problem. I noticed it even with my manual. I had the Ford dealer install the Ford Racing Performance Products Pro-Cal tune. It doesn't add much power but it does wake up the throttle nicely and adds a lot of torque at lower RPM - perfect for a street car. Thing is, and maybe someone here can answer, I don't know if there's a similar Pro-Cal tune for the V6? The advantage of going this route is preservation of the warranty, so long as a Ford dealer does the installation. Picking up 1 - 2 MPG was a nice bonus too.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:07 PM
macman45
1st Gear Member

Those little six bangers are quick!
Old 12-04-2015, 06:20 AM
captchas1

welcome from another old timer. I'm 68 beat the big C 3 times and still drive a large set of ford branded hot rods. never had a goat, but did have a 69 firebird with a 421 stuffed in it.
have a 2012 v6 as my driver,which seems faster then my 65 K code out handles it by miles. mods don't cost me a arm and leg, ford racing parts help out a lot in keeping the wallet loaded for a day at the strip.
good luck with enjoying your elder days with a sweet ride