General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

go back to stock tail lights or get new smoked tail lights or get gen 5s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 07:52 AM
rextos
1st Gear Member

Default go back to stock tail lights or get new smoked tail lights or get gen 5s?

for my mustang i got the raxiom smoked taillights from AM, but the right tail light has been leaking water from day 1 - thinking i will try to get it replaced since its been 1.5 years and they are covered under 2 year warranty. i didnt do it earlier because i was worried it would be a huge hassle to send them back and wait for new ones, so i tried RTV and that didnt work, but thinking it may be worth a shot. has anyone done an RMA with AM before? do i need to send these back before they send a replacement or can i keep these on until the replacements come?

otherwise thinking i will go back to stock, or get the raxiom gen 5 tail lights - though i feel they are pretty expensive, but id hate to spend 400 bucks and then find out they leak too. anyone hear about if the gen5s leak or not? ive always had bad luck with aftermarket tail lights and headlights, on this mutang, my previous mustang and a grand prix i used to own so kinda makes me just want to go back to stock tail lights.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Send Alex or one of their reps here a PM about your situation. I doubt they will make you send your current ones back (and have no tails at all for a week or whatever) prior to sending out a new set.

I would go with stock or stock smoked. I'm just of the opinion that with minor exceptions it's generally hard to beat the factory design head and tail lamp housings. Most of the aftermarket ones just don't look right and some are just plain hideous.

It is important to use some clear silicone to seal them BEFORE installation. Use a little masking tape on either side of the seams where the lens meets the housing and it will come out pretty clean looking.