General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

How to increase 2006 mustang gt throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 04:59 PM
x_doug_x

Default How to increase 2006 mustang gt throttle response

hI currently just bought a 2006 mustang gt a few months ago, I have noticed the throttle response from the pedal is very laggy. I have searched and searched for a solution, I've found the pedal modification (I do not think this will solve my issue because I don't care about the small dead spot at the top of pedal). I've seen the Sprint booster http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...e&GID=390093-B

Which looks like it will fix my issue, but i've also read a simple tune will also fix the pedal lag. I can literally be cruising down the road and snap the pedal to the floor quickly and let off without the rpm's ever raising. This is not an issue with the automatic downshifting, it's a throttle response issue. American muscle claims they added this to the ecu as a safety measure. My question is, will a tuner with a tune fix my issue and if so which tuner? I have read countless forums the last few weeks and some people with tuners claim they still have the issue.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:59 PM
x_doug_x

This is an automatic.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:11 PM
JimC

A tune will fix the throttle lag.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:15 PM
x_doug_x

Originally Posted by JimC
A tune will fix the throttle lag.

Any idea what tuner that comes with a basic tune will fix it? I have seen multiple threads where some tuners/tunes didn't fix the issue.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:26 PM
JimC

You can get virtually any tune from American Muscle with the SCT programmer they sell and it will take care of the throttle lag.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:32 PM
x_doug_x

Originally Posted by JimC
You can get virtually any tune from American Muscle with the SCT programmer they sell and it will take care of the throttle lag.

Are there any tunes that will give a stock car better performance besides the throttle lag? Car only has axle back.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:09 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I have the 93 octane race tune on my 3.7 which had the same exact problem. I got the tune from Bama, loaded it and haven't had it since. The throttle response is immediate now.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Mikie13

A manual transmission would help with the throttle lag
Old 10-27-2016, 03:49 PM
x_doug_x

If it wasn't so expensive to swap, I would do a 5 speed swap. Only reason u bought an auto was because I got a good deal on it. I still almost said forget it
Old 10-28-2016, 03:25 PM
Mikie13

Originally Posted by x_doug_x
If it wasn't so expensive to swap, I would do a 5 speed swap. Only reason u bought an auto was because I got a good deal on it. I still almost said forget it
I was kinda kidding. Can't knock you for it...a good deal is a good deal!