General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

brake light help

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 02:06 PM
Justin Themonster Oney

Default brake light help

ok so I got my 02 gt and I noticed that every one is on my bumper when I go to s atop light and so I was wondering if my lights worked well they do but only when I have the pedal almost on the floor so I was wondering if I can adjust the button so that they kick on sooner cause I almost never have to push it that far unless I have to stop right now
Old 11-30-2016, 10:26 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

There is a switch located up toward the top of the brake pedal lever. It is not adjustable, but I would inspect it to see if something's out of whack. It should "close" the circuit and activate the brake lamps within about 1/2" of downward pedal travel.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Justin Themonster Oney

ok I found it and got it fixed the wire on the right side had come lose so just had to slide it back on man did I feel dumb lol
Old 12-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

No worries. I got pulled over one time about 20 years ago for no brake lights, turned out my car at the time was doing the same thing where they were only activated if I pushed the pedal all the way down. Forget exactly what I did but in short I rigged it a little so we didn't have that problem anymore.