General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SCT Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 06:22 PM
Stangforlife11

Default SCT Tune?

Hey guys I have a 2011 3.7 that I just had returned to full stock. I used to have gears, Exhaust, CAI, and a tune on it. Anyways, my transmission is still jerky as hell with the car being stock and my mpg SUCKS. Like 20-40$ a week in gas. When my guy went to put my car back to stock, the tuner I guess wouldn't accept the 3.31 stock gears and my speedometer was like 20mph off, so he had to reload a custom stock tune. I'm honesty scared that he didn't do something right because his shop reviews are now terrible and the car isn't acting right. Are there any adjustments to the stock tune that I can make myself that will fix or at least improve my issues with the transmission and MPG?
Old 12-21-2016, 10:40 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

you need the software to write a tune. Did you have a BAMA tune?

If your car goes back to stock then yes your speedo should be off if you have gears done but not off if you have stock gears.

Do you suspect an exhaust leak to be the cause of your poor MPG?
Old 12-22-2016, 09:03 AM
Stangforlife11

No I had an SCT tune. And the gear were returned to stock and the stock tune still didnt work. And with the mpg no. I'm getting the same mpg if not worse than I did when I had all of the mods still on it. And my transmission shifts my entire car when put into D so I feel like the lone pressure wasn't reduced either.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Stangforlife11

*line pressure