General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Door Panels

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Jethro_N

Default Door Panels

I have a question, related to something I saw posted somewhere (for the life of me I can't remember where I found this at). Anyway, I ran across a post that said door panels from 94-04 were all interchangeable. I know the seats will... maybe not the electrical connector, but that is an easy fix, but not sure about the interior parts.

I have 1998 convertible, that I bought for next to nothing and have been working on... purely because I always wanted a convertible, I loved the way the car 'felt', and I simply enjoy working on Mustangs Anyway, the car needed a top when I got it, still does but figure if I am going to replace the seats anyway, I'll do it all at the same time. That being said, the inside of the car was pretty much trashed when I bought it. I have my eye on a 95 GT with leather seats in a junk yard that I am going to get next weekend. Which is the source of my question... if the panels on the 95 aren't there or are trashed, will the other years be able to work? I am planning on grabbing seats, panels, and anything else that is in pretty good shape(and that match the color of the seats... current interior is brown, but my plan is for that NOT to be the case by the end of summer) that I need to change on my car. Rest of my plastic I will paint.

Any helpful advice would also be appreciated
Old 03-28-2017, 01:01 AM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Yup, anything '94-'04 will work.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Special20
1st Gear Member

I do not believe that the rear seats from a coupe will fit in a convertible. I may be wrong.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:14 PM
sn95lovers

just beware if you have the mach sound system your door panels have a cut out for the tweeter pods so you might have to do some trimming on the tweeter pods i have 2004 gt seats in my 95 just had to splice the power connector and all is good