General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cold stalling help needed from the uk

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 01:38 AM
UkmustangGT

Default Cold stalling help needed from the uk

Howdi guys
Right I own a 2006 gt with Paxton charger Detroit cams full off road h pype with cervini side exit. Recently I've had the cams fitted and the car when cold will start idle for a few seconds then stall... if I try and crank her over again it will crank and a huge smell of fuel etc but not start... but if I give it some gas she will fire up. Hold the revs up until warm then I can start and stop no problem as long as the car is up to normal running temp..
brenspeed have emailed me another tune bringing more air into idle start up while this has cut the amount of un burnt fuel it hasn't stopped the issue.
It's not throwing any fault codes which is were it's becoming a headache... it's running a Paxton novi Detroit cams off road h pype and side exit.. there's really not much knowledge over here in the uk of anyone having these type of issues so I'm basically asking for any help possible. Brenspeed have asked us to do a data log on start up with the sct which we will be doing... I feel abit clueless now.... air leak maybe? I really don't know please help lol!!
Old 03-24-2017, 08:14 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Sounds like it's all in the "tune" to me. If the car runs and drives fine, and no codes are thrown. I'd say Brenspeed needs to do alittle more work.

Good luck

Last edited by 88 orangepeel notch; 03-24-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:43 AM
UkmustangGT

Can't see it being the tune as it would do this with the original tune loaded then again with the Detroit cam tune loaded and then again with another new tune loaded to bring in more air on start up... spoke to another guy saying the cam sensor could be a fraction of a mil off from being able to get a true reading.... or a temp sensor which would off set the fuel thinking it's at a different temp there for changing the fuel it's supplying... Gona be a frustrating one I feel