General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Magic Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 11:32 AM
gone_00

Default Magic Tires?

I own a 00 gt 5sp and for some reason it doesnt hardly ever leave blackies nor do the tires make any noise when they spin and its not like I spend all day driving around tryin to spin my tires and leave marks but there are a few places around my town that need some evidence of power. WHATS THE DEAL
Old 01-22-2004, 11:34 AM
03trubluestang
1st Gear Member

Default Magic Tires?

You must not know what you are doing then
Old 01-22-2004, 11:57 AM
gone_00

Default Magic Tires?

Drive I can in fact I never have been beatenin my car which is relatively stock even after runnin with a 98' Mustang auto with shift kit intake and full exhaust(just days before I bought the car and without having any prior experience drving a stick) The about two weeks later a LT1 Trans Am also auto but with a shift kit gears exhaust intake and reputation for winnign races(shortly after his lose he was seen crying and then a month later his Mommy and Daddy bought him a Cobra.The last car I had the pleasure to beat was an LS1 also auto but it was just stock and I couldnt believe how slow it was I beat it by atleast 2 carlengths which leads me to believe there was something wrong with it. All these races where marked 1/4 miles and all where very close except the LS1. I have run a few other car since then, but its not even worth typin about they were def killsa few ricers and an old formula. So my point is I do know what im doing I shifted through teo gears on a well worn blacktop road kicked the back end both ways and you could see a very faint line where my tires where. All I can think of is I dont have the weight on my tires to leave marks.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:42 PM
V8killer

Default Magic Tires?

Hey Gone,</P>

I think it depends mainly on the tires. When I had my Camaro, I did the same thing. Long burnouts and no patch to prove it. What kinda tires are they? I had a pair of Falkens that did that. Plenty of power got to the tires, but no marks. I also may depend on how broken in the tires are. Different compounds take longer to adjust to optimal driving conditions.</P>
Old 01-22-2004, 02:39 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default Magic Tires?

because you have a hard *** tire..and Gone..not to burst your bubble but your day is fast approaching
Old 01-22-2004, 04:19 PM
TheGmKiller331
I ♥ Acer

Default Magic Tires?

Vfast hit it on the head!Its the tires compounds.A harder compound tends to not leave any marks bcause its just not getting hot enough.And the softer compounds look like theyre damn near burning them off!</P>

</P>
Old 01-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default Magic Tires?

Nothing was wrong with that Camaro, it was either a horrible driver or a sixxer. An LS1 with a boot onthe wheel would still demolish you. </P>
Old 01-22-2004, 09:15 PM
beezy
2nd Gear Member

Default Magic Tires?

The stock tires on my 03 left some nice marks, my dumb *** burnt through them in sixth months...last time I do that s**t lol. I went from a Auto cavalier to my 5spd GT and I guess I thought I was cool...
Old 01-27-2004, 12:57 PM
hotrodman
I ♥ Acer

Default Magic Tires?

some tires just don't make marks.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:11 PM
gone_00

Default Magic Tires?

Thanks for the help guys if anyone else looks at this I have one more ?. Since some tires are harder than ohers there must be a mark on the tire to show the how hard the tie compound is. if so where is it if not what are some other good tires that are hard as well.</P>

Quick Reply: Magic Tires?