Georgia Regional Chapter Chapter President: rmodel65

ATL area forums?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:38 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Question ATL area forums?

I'm trying to find the most active forum with the most 'local activity' from ATL metro Mustang owners, so I know where to 'pony' up and make my new home.

I'm a new 2011 v6 owner (just wait till I'm done..), 2nd mustang (if my first one - a 4 cyl fox bat hatch counts from my teenage years - it was free!) but not first time having fun upgrading my ride and making 'changes'...

Just want to find the best crowd to talk local 'stang talk' and to get good recommendations for parts and local shops for work; maybe a few car meets, and all that enthusiast jazz.

Am I already home?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Not much going on here in Ga from what I know of.. there are quite a few good looking customized Mustangs around but barely anyone is apart of this forum from here.. its a real bummer.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:24 PM
04DSGB
2nd Gear Member

I just bought another Mustang GT 2 days ago so I am back. I live in the mall of ga area and also would like to get to know more local Mustang owners. I know Mustangs Unlimited in Lawrenceville is a good place if you are close to them.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:25 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
Not much going on here in Ga from what I know of.. there are quite a few good looking customized Mustangs around but barely anyone is apart of this forum from here.. its a real bummer.
Shoot.. that'd sort of sad to hear - I figured there would be alot of 'stang groups overflowing around this area, with ATL being a 'car' city and all.

Will keep popping my head in and see if anyone else chimes in with their thoughts!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

There probably are a decent amount of them but I never hear about them. I live in Loganville but I'm going up to the Mall tonight actually. Lol. Mustangs Unlimited near Discover Mills Mall has an annual car show and a few others every once in a while I believe.

JayyVee, what area are you looking to move to in Ga?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:33 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

There probably are a decent amount of them but I never hear about them. I live in Loganville but I'm going up to the Mall tonight actually. Lol. Mustangs Unlimited near Discover Mills Mall has an annual car show and a few others every once in a while I believe.

JayyVee, what area are you looking to move to in Ga?
Oh I'm already here in the ATL metro area (Woodstock on the northside). It's a wierd town - it's not like the economy is great, or that there are so many great paying jobs here, but there are a *lot* of luxury cars in this city (heck my own previous car was a bimmer, so I can't be a hypocrite there). I see a 'lot' of nice 'stangs in my area, I figure there have to be multiple active groups of some sort? I did find one group with it's own separate forum for the ATL area (Ford performance club), but it looked a bit slow on their site (I get the feeling it's a serious 4.0/5.0 older guy crowd - but I could be wrong!).

I might just be having forum envy I guess, the local bimmer folks had a notorious habit of meeting often; active forum group, and a solid following on bimmerforums.com. Am hoping to find something of the like in the 'stang world (I"m sure there is in some fashion)
Old 10-28-2011, 12:50 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Gotcha. Yeah I don't live near the city. I'm about 40 minutes or so away in Gwinnett so there isn't much activity out here.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:58 AM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

Gotcha. Yeah I don't live near the city. I'm about 40 minutes or so away in Gwinnett so there isn't much activity out here.
I think this part of the problem with an ATL area active club getting going, everyone is "around" Atlanta but in reality we are all pretty far apart. I mean Woodstock is far from Lawrenceville which is far from Gwinnett, so where do you meet? I am in Cumming which is way north.

I see tons of modified Mustangs up my way so why no North Atlanta Meets, who knows.....

This weekend is a show at Mustangs Unlimited that I am entering my car for the first time. I am hoping to meet atleast a few folks from up my way.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:12 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Really? I may stop by. I'll check for you. When is it exactly??
Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

Its Sunday, registration ends at noon and the trophies are handed out around 4. its usually a pretty good turnout, about 50 cars this time of year.

You would think there would be more advertising for their shows, they have 6 or so during the year. Its sponsored by the Northeast Georgia Mustang Club.

Check out the Mustangs Unlimited website and they have tons of info on the shows

Quick Reply: ATL area forums?