Georgia Regional Chapter Chapter President: rmodel65

ATL area forums?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:11 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Also check into the 'Georgia Regional Mustang Club'. They have many activities too. They also meet in Marietta at Mazzys Sports Grill, not far from Woodstock.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:16 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Gotcha. Yeah I'm not looking to enter.. My car has too many imperfections, from the previous owner, for me to be comfortable with entering. I'll definitely try to stop by though.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:27 AM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
Gotcha. Yeah I'm not looking to enter.. My car has too many imperfections, from the previous owner, for me to be comfortable with entering. I'll definitely try to stop by though.
Funny, this is how my car started as well. She was like a hot girl that was abused and had some bad baggage from a prior relationship. I took her in, fixed her up, treated her well, and now she is perfect and enjoys her new life. Some new make-up and accessories go a long way.....
Old 11-03-2011, 10:36 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Lol. Yeah, mine was repainted on the drivers side and has lines from where they taped it off on the back near the trunk along with dirt in the paint behind the driver side door. Also scratches on the center near the front seat belt buckles where they kept hitting it and damaged the plastic really badly and they scrubbed the front of the car.

All of this was noticed a week after I bought it, the car was dirty and I couldn't tell all this was on it at the dealer..

If I can get some of this stuff fixed/replaced then I might consider showing her. Lol.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03gt04mach1
Also check into the 'Georgia Regional Mustang Club'. They have many activities too. They also meet in Marietta at Mazzys Sports Grill, not far from Woodstock.
Very cool, I will see what I can find online about them!

Being split up over town didn't usually effect the old bimmer meets I went to (We always did them up on the northside at perimeter mall, or Andretti's, then from there to the mtns sometimes for a drive). Lots of folks would come from all over even the southside, but you do make a good point. Being in The ATL metro area is about a 2 hr x 2hr length of turf! (Lets not mention if there's a hint of rain or worse... ice!)
Old 11-03-2011, 03:01 PM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

There are such good places around to meet, for instance, Tilted Kilt on Windward Pkwy in N atlanta and its easy to access, 400 N.

I wonder how hard it would be to get a good showing on some random night.....
Old 11-04-2011, 11:40 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
Oh I'm already here in the ATL metro area (Woodstock on the northside). It's a wierd town - it's not like the economy is great, or that there are so many great paying jobs here, but there are a *lot* of luxury cars in this city (heck my own previous car was a bimmer, so I can't be a hypocrite there). I see a 'lot' of nice 'stangs in my area, I figure there have to be multiple active groups of some sort? I did find one group with it's own separate forum for the ATL area (Ford performance club), but it looked a bit slow on their site (I get the feeling it's a serious 4.0/5.0 older guy crowd - but I could be wrong!).

I might just be having forum envy I guess, the local bimmer folks had a notorious habit of meeting often; active forum group, and a solid following on bimmerforums.com. Am hoping to find something of the like in the 'stang world (I"m sure there is in some fashion)
I live in Woodstock, where do you live?
Old 11-05-2011, 09:27 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
I live in Woodstock, where do you live?
A local, woot!

I'm at barnes rd, off of trickum east side of Woodstock.

Nice car you've got there and mods to boot. (Mental Note, do not get silly with lowered red mustang!) I'm pretty vanilla, at least for the next 2-3 weeks.. suspension/wheels on their way. On that note - anyone you'd suggest for suspension install/alignment, or just hit pep boys/big 10 and call it a day?

So, now that I've found a active local - what forum or group is best for enthusiasts in our neck of the woods for meets, drives, events, sort of stuff?
Old 11-06-2011, 01:23 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
A local, woot!

I'm at barnes rd, off of trickum east side of Woodstock.

Nice car you've got there and mods to boot. (Mental Note, do not get silly with lowered red mustang!) I'm pretty vanilla, at least for the next 2-3 weeks.. suspension/wheels on their way. On that note - anyone you'd suggest for suspension install/alignment, or just hit pep boys/big 10 and call it a day?

So, now that I've found a active local - what forum or group is best for enthusiasts in our neck of the woods for meets, drives, events, sort of stuff?
Hey man there is no in particular really but America's Service Station off of Eagle drive near townelake parkway does good work. Actually FPCOA like you mentioned before is a very good/active club they just aren't too active on the forum they have.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Hmm, almost 300 views, 18 replies. Any more ATL metro area folks hiding in here?

Quick Reply: ATL area forums?