Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Chrome fanblades?

Old 03-15-2006, 09:00 AM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

Default Chrome fanblades?

So I'm thinking of tweaking the order I placed on my red vert. I currently have the 64w's ordered. I like the fanblades a lot but they seem a bit dull and a tad too wide. The '06 catalogue and some pictures like this... http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...hp/photo/27838

...appear to show a slightly more polished fanblade that's perhaps a little thinner. Am I nuts, is it the angle of the pics, is there a diff, or is somethiong aftermarket available and that's what I'm seeing?

I'm also probably gonna drop the spoiler. Hope that isn't an an enthusiast nono but I think it looks more refined, especially on a vert. Here's to hoping the tweaks don't delay the order any. Hopefully not as I don't even have a VIN yet.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Chrome fanblades?

I vote for "angle of photo." I don't think there are "thinner" fan-blades made by Ford.

However, in the `06 catalogue I think they do show some chromed, I just don't know where you would get a pair...or if you would really want a pair. (I'm not a fan of chromed wheels.) Maybe you should go to a dealership and try to get a real look at the non-chromed ones in person. That may settle it for you.

Best,
-j
Old 03-15-2006, 09:26 AM
KFC
1st Gear Member

My fanblades shine pretty well, when they're clean. It's just the photo that makes them look thinner.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Hidalgo
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KFC

My fanblades shine pretty well, when they're clean. It's just the photo that makes them look thinner.
Yep ! ... When they're clean they shine pretty well ...

Old 03-16-2006, 10:31 AM
sptlckr

I happen to love my fanblades. It seems like there are some people that don't but....who feaking cares? It's my car. I'm even thinking of looking into getting the blades painted to match the car color etc....any opinions on that?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

When I first ordered my car I ordered the fanblades--I ended up with the 18" bullits and I'm happy it turned out that way (long story). Anyway, I still like the fanblades, but it should be a personal decision.

Sptlckr, you should visit the photochop section and just give folks a good quality picture of your ride--shouldn't be much of a problem to change the colors of the fanblades to match your car--then you don't have to guess.

Best,
-j
Old 03-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Secter
1st Gear Member

Yea, those are the polished 18" fanblades from ford. I've got them on my stang and love them. Chrome is too shiny and flashy for me
Old 03-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Karalm

The fanblades you reference in the picture are Premium Aluminum Wheels (64E's) vs the Polished Aluminum Wheels (64W's) you ordered are known as bullets. They are old-school knockoff's a la Steve McQueen movie with the same name and are the only new "late 06' wheels" became available recently and of which are both 18's. They are very shiney, look great are not Flat but curve inward and expose the rear wheel calipers more then the fans and I ordered them on my 06' Black Vert coming in early April. See the BRS parts/Spinner Kit commercial link on the right hand side of this web page for a picture.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:51 AM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

Well here's an example... these are chrome (or polished aluminum) fanblades. They look hot! Where the hell do I get them? The vert I'm waiting on now has the regular 64E on order.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...hp?photo=28425
Old 03-22-2006, 01:03 AM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

Well, I know for a fact they're chrome (or polished alum) anyone have any ideas? Can I get that done somewhere?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chrome fanblades?