Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rematch with my friends EVO

Old 04-28-2006, 07:04 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

Default Rematch with my friends EVO

When My car was stock, I raced my partners EVO 3 times. Since he doesn't have an aftermarket clutch, he can't launch it the way he wants to without smoking his clutch. Anyway, I'd get him from the start for the first two gears, then he would pull on me and pass me by the time I was midway through third. Here in the Mile high City, Cars with boost don't suffer as much as N/A's. He'd beat me by about 2 car lengths in this approx 1/4 strip by our job.
Today, I had a rematch with him upon installing my C&L with Brenspeed 91 Octane tune. Once again, I got him from the start. I noticed that he started pulling on me a lot later than he used to, but he never passed me like he did before. I gained about 3 car lengths from the last time I raced him, which put me about a car length ahead because that's how much I beat him. I haven't raced him with the 93 Octane tune yet, but I think it'll be more intense.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:02 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Rematch with my friends EVO

nice, evo's are fast off the line..so once he gets a clutch, watchout.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:52 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Evo's are fast off the line, but we are faster. I raced an Evo from a 45 roll and beat him by about a car length, I only wish we would've raced from a dead stop. [&:]
Old 04-29-2006, 03:32 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undefeated

When My car was stock, I raced my partners EVO 3 times. Since he doesn't have an aftermarket clutch, he can't launch it the way he wants to without smoking his clutch. Anyway, I'd get him from the start for the first two gears, then he would pull on me and pass me by the time I was midway through third. Here in the Mile high City, Cars with boost don't suffer as much as N/A's. He'd beat me by about 2 car lengths in this approx 1/4 strip by our job.
Today, I had a rematch with him upon installing my C&L with Brenspeed 91 Octane tune. Once again, I got him from the start. I noticed that he started pulling on me a lot later than he used to, but he never passed me like he did before. I gained about 3 car lengths from the last time I raced him, which put me about a car length ahead because that's how much I beat him. I haven't raced him with the 93 Octane tune yet, but I think it'll be more intense.
Good race man. With the aftermarket intake, that 93 octane tune should wake up that engine even more. I say throw some gears in there too......and then he'll have his hands full even with an upgraded clutch.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Here we go with this argument again...... how much time has your friend had to learn how to drive the AWD? If I had my WRX back, you would be watching my taillights from a dead stop, even with your street slicks.... Its all about knowing how to drive and lauch the AWD.... and not to many people know how....especially when it comes to left foot braking in Autocross....oops, I guess your not suppose to say bad words like Autocross on this forum...
Old 04-29-2006, 02:59 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hiboost

Here we go with this argument again...... how much time has your friend had to learn how to drive the AWD? If I had my WRX back, you would be watching my taillights from a dead stop, even with your street slicks.... Its all about knowing how to drive and lauch the AWD.... and not to many people know how....especially when it comes to left foot braking in Autocross....oops, I guess your not suppose to say bad words like Autocross on this forum...
I wouldn't say the word Autocross is a bad word at all. But I find it funny whenever someone in a mustang actually beats an Evo or WRX on a drag contest that someone immediately throws out how it would be a mockery for the stang if the contest had been on a road course. Funny, because I didn't hear Undefeated say that they raced on an autocross track.

No one here denies that the Evo's and WRX's will wind the tape on a mustang in such a race.....but let's face it, what percentage of ppl who own these vehicles actually do any autocrossing with them? I'd say that it's less than the ppl who go to drag strips with their cars. Now realize how few owners of these cars even go to drag strips with them regularly and you begin to see where this argument is useless.

This is why internet racing is LAME. Anyone can spout off about what certain cars can or should be capable of.....but that doesn't usually translate very well into reality. This is because of the driver factor. Very few ppl who own performance cars ever learn to drive them to their fullest capacity. And when you factor that in, you begin to see why cars that should outperform certain other cars on the track or street...........dont' always. This is why you see some Corvette owners getting huffy anytime someone in a Mustang posts a kill on one. Should a Corvette be able to beat a Mustang in any kind of race? On paper, probably so. In the real world, it's not gauranteed.

Yes, maybe if you had your WRX and you went against Undefeated you could beat him. But you didn't race him did you? Wait....you don't even have your WRX anymore? Wow, that's major league bench racing. I understand what you're trying to say Hiboost......my point is that what you think should have happened in Undefeated's little matchup....simply didn't. I don't see the point in arguing "well if this" or "if I had done that".
Old 04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hiboost

Currently, he is JUST BEGINNING to learn how to drive it. We both know that when he gets his clutch, I'm going to have to do some more things to mine to be able to beat him. If you simply had a WRX, you'd be definately watching my tailights at the end of a 1/4 mile, without slicks, unless you had more money under the hood of your car. You would only have the luxury of out launching me. I broke even with a WRX in my 88 300zx that's modded. Once I get boost, then its really a different ball game. As far as the autocross, he'd smoke me. If I wanted to beat him on the autocross, I know what to do and what I need on my car. It would be pricey, but your wrx is not unbeatable. Nothing is.

This is what I have to look foward to when I get boost., And this vid is only half throttle, the guy said. Then bring on the 4 cylinders. IN Car view This guy turbocharged his stang at only 5 P.S.I. Notice how fast he was going through his gears at half throttle.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:46 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't say the word Autocross is a bad word at all. But I find it funny whenever someone in a mustang actually beats an Evo or WRX on a drag contest that someone immediately throws out how it would be a mockery for the stang if the contest had been on a road course. Funny, because I didn't hear Undefeated say that they raced on an autocross track.

No one here denies that the Evo's and WRX's will wind the tape on a mustang in such a race.....but let's face it, what percentage of ppl who own these vehicles actually do any autocrossing with them? I'd say that it's less than the ppl who go to drag strips with their cars. Now realize how few owners of these cars even go to drag strips with them regularly and you begin to see where this argument is useless.

This is why internet racing is LAME. Anyone can spout off about what certain cars can or should be capable of.....but that doesn't usually translate very well into reality. This is because of the driver factor. Very few ppl who own performance cars ever learn to drive them to their fullest capacity. And when you factor that in, you begin to see why cars that should outperform certain other cars on the track or street...........dont' always. This is why you see some Corvette owners getting huffy anytime someone in a Mustang posts a kill on one. Should a Corvette be able to beat a Mustang in any kind of race? On paper, probably so. In the real world, it's not gauranteed.

Yes, maybe if you had your WRX and you went against Undefeated you could beat him. But you didn't race him did you? Wait....you don't even have your WRX anymore? Wow, that's major league bench racing. I understand what you're trying to say Hiboost......my point is that what you think should have happened in Undefeated's little matchup....simply didn't. I don't see the point in arguing "well if this" or "if I had done that".
You are my hero. You said everything I was planning on posting when I read Hiboost's response. Well said.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:02 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undefeated

This is what I have to look foward to when I get boost., And this vid is only half throttle, the guy said. Then bring on the 4 cylinders. IN Car view This guy turbocharged his stang at only 5 P.S.I. Notice how fast he was going through his gears at half throttle.
Awesome![sm=icon_rock.gif] Hey Undefeated......are you considering a turbo setup or are you looking at a supercharger?
Old 04-30-2006, 02:14 AM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Grrrrrr. Those Evos make me so MAD! I have to hand it to them. They are tough if you're up against a driver who knows what he/she is doing and is determined to beat you.

Don't even get me started on the WRX.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rematch with my friends EVO