Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SCT Xcalibrator 2 question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:49 PM
phastal

Default SCT Xcalibrator 2 question

I just got the SCT flash in the mail from mustangtuning.com. Not much of an instruction manual, LOL. Anyway, being a newbie to stuff like this, i was wondering where exactly is the port on an 06 GT where you plug the SCT into? and it says to disconnect the fuel pump and electric fan fuses. is this a must? and which fuses are they? i looked at our car manual under fuses and there are no fuses for those items except in the engine compartment and i doubt they are referring to those. are they? appreciate some feedback and answers to these question. very anxious on getting this to work. thanks.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:59 PM
XLeatherNeck
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SCT Xcalibrator 2 question

ORIGINAL: phastal

I just got the SCT flash in the mail from mustangtuning.com. Not much of an instruction manual, LOL. Anyway, being a newbie to stuff like this, i was wondering where exactly is the port on an 06 GT where you plug the SCT into? and it says to disconnect the fuel pump and electric fan fuses. is this a must? and which fuses are they? i looked at our car manual under fuses and there are no fuses for those items except in the engine compartment and i doubt they are referring to those. are they? appreciate some feedback and answers to these question. very anxious on getting this to work. thanks.
You want to pull the fuses that are in the engine compartment. You will prob have to remove a few of the huge ones in order to pull the smaller fuses out. Just be patient and carefull.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:11 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

You don't have to remove the fuses... The port is right under the driver's dash board (under the steering wheel). Make sure your A/C, radio, etc. are all off when doing it all.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:13 PM
phastal

thanks for the replies. but why would they instruct us to remove the fuses? what would that do? it wont affect it negatively if you dont remove the fuses?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:13 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I removed the fuses the first time, and found out you don't have to from my tuner. Yes, I have an SCT tuner.

I reset my tune about three times a month.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:22 PM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

The instructions I got was to remove the Fuel pump fuse and the Radiator fan fuses. I think this is just a precautionary thing and isn't absolutely necessary. These 2 items would draw high current if they would come on for some reason which could do a momentary drop in voltage to the programmer and that is the last thing you want to happen is any sudden change in voltage while the PCM is being programmed. I pull those two fuses and I have had no problems. By the way the manual does have the listing of the fuses and the locations you just have to read carefully whats what.
Greg
Old 05-06-2006, 10:24 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, I asked about the fuses also and didn't think they needed pulled as long as the fan was off etc. and it was more or less a battery issue.
Nothsa, why do you reload it? Because of the learned behavior thing?
Thanks Dude,
WC
Old 05-07-2006, 03:06 PM
waltc10
1st Gear Member

Have any of yall updated the firmware on the SCT Xcalibrator 2? What does that do?
Old 05-07-2006, 03:21 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: W1ldcat

Nothsa, why do you reload it? Because of the learned behavior thing?
Thanks Dude,
WC
I reloaded because of the tune fade issue, although I don't feel it makes a big difference but i'm sure could prove differently at the track.