Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:05 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Default RE: It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!

I suppose you have yourself every man's project dream car. Most of us cant afford it and some just dont have the time. By the way, where does the baby seat go?
Old 06-21-2006, 08:18 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

^^^^In the minivan.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:42 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Mark, I was wondering about the valves, I know I will need to do this since I was to be around 500-600 rwhp. Cant wait to hear more, I am taking notes..........
Old 06-21-2006, 08:49 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

Thanks Mark, I was wondering about the valves, I know I will need to do this since I was to be around 500-600 rwhp. Cant wait to hear more, I am taking notes..........
That is one of the FEW downsides of the saleen. As effecient as it is, it produces insane heat when you start pushing 12+ psi. If you are going to be in that range, you will need the valves for sure. Tim at Kinetic speed shop had the saleen at 14 psi and it was maxed out and could only get one pass (and that was with 5 lbs of ice in an icebox) before the heat started pulling power. - they are switching to an F1 procharger for that reason. Don't worry though, their car is a complete stripped drag car. The saleen is going to work great for what you're doing. But, yea, get your valves done when your motor is apart. AND - definitely get an ice box. Vortech makes a great one that works for all s/c. You relocate your battery to the trunk and drop it in there. Most guys are using the vortech 'water overflow box'.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...ber=V8N105-120

Mark
Old 06-21-2006, 08:50 PM
kss3valve
1st Gear Member

Hey bro! I live for the tech talks...... Can't wait to get the opinions going> Good writeup. I would love to see some threads in here on different cams for different power adders and how the designs effect performance. Let me know if I can contribute!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:56 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Hey Tim - you can chime in to the saleen heat at high boost response I made above. (especially since it's about you...lol)

And GREAT to have you here. We need more guys like you in the mix here. I'll be putting out the CAM thread on friday and of course your input would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
Old 06-21-2006, 09:12 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Just a few quick questions. How do those mods effect your gas mileage and won't they void your warranty? j/k lol. Congrats on a super machine! Does he/she have a name yet?
Old 06-21-2006, 09:27 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Thanks - I was calling her the 'mamba' but I am just going stick with the..."CHEVY KILLER'
Old 06-21-2006, 09:28 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

That is one of the FEW downsides of the saleen. As effecient as it is, it produces insane heat when you start pushing 12+ psi. If you are going to be in that range, you will need the valves for sure. Tim at Kinetic speed shop had the saleen at 14 psi and it was maxed out and could only get one pass (and that was with 5 lbs of ice in an icebox) before the heat started pulling power. - they are switching to an F1 procharger for that reason. Don't worry though, their car is a complete stripped drag car. The saleen is going to work great for what you're doing. But, yea, get your valves done when your motor is apart. AND - definitely get an ice box. Vortech makes a great one that works for all s/c. You relocate your battery to the trunk and drop it in there. Most guys are using the vortech 'water overflow box'.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...ber=V8N105-120

Mark

Yes I plan on ordering everything before I pull the engine apart, this is one reason why I am waiting to do so, plus I kinda enjoy the 400rwhp for now. But I am going to put in a order for valves next week. Ice box is something that sliped my mind didnt even think about that, probaly going to order that this week--since its only $200 or so.
Thanks again.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:52 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Sounds like you are brewing up one serious beast there man.

I heard that about the saleen as well. Great, efficient blower down low, but once you start really cranking it up, it doesent keep its cool too well. But that might be true for all twin screws to some extent I guess.

Quick Reply: It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!