Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!

Old 06-21-2006, 10:25 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!

...WOW... very nice sounding.. even though I dont know what half of that stuff is lol. Sounds like it will be insanely fast man. Just wondering about how much this ran you.. I understand if youd rather not say, just curious though
Old 06-21-2006, 10:35 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Congrats Mark,
looks like you got your exhaust valves you needed.. lol.. I was looking for ya.. and calling also .. but couldn't find any..

anyway.. I am going to get a S/C.. which one would you get ..?? best bang for the buck.. but still looks good to, but doesn't cost 10K .. yeah I know I want it all.. lol

anyway .. your car is one mean Chevy KILLER... wOOt...!!!!!

Rex
Old 06-21-2006, 11:12 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Sounds like you are brewing up one serious beast there man.

I heard that about the saleen as well. Great, efficient blower down low, but once you start really cranking it up, it doesent keep its cool too well. But that might be true for all twin screws to some extent I guess.

yeah I got some big plans but I am taking it slow I dont want to do this twice. Yeah it will get hot once I start get higher boost, but there is ways to fix that.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:57 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

With the icebox - you won't run into any problems up to 13 psi wit the saleen. The icebox is essential for any s/c IMHO. Before I had it I could run 1 pass and the aftercooler would burn you to the touch. Had to wait 30-40 minutes with 2 bags of ice on the car between passes. Afer the icebox, I could run 2 hot passes and the ice would be gone, but the water would be lukewarm and I could put my hand on the aftercooler and it was still cool. A fantastic peformance mod for the $200. Be forewarned though, you will also need to buy a battery relocation kit and move your battery to the trunk. If you plan to race at tracks, you will also need some sort of shut down system for it. I spent a whole $5.00 on mine..lol
Old 06-22-2006, 12:04 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: rex7010

Congrats Mark,
looks like you got your exhaust valves you needed.. lol.. I was looking for ya.. and calling also .. but couldn't find any..

anyway.. I am going to get a S/C.. which one would you get ..?? best bang for the buck.. but still looks good to, but doesn't cost 10K .. yeah I know I want it all.. lol

anyway .. your car is one mean Chevy KILLER... wOOt...!!!!!

Rex
I think for all that's available right now the KB is the best bang for the buck. (looks good too) Turbos were few and far between 6 months ago but have come along way and there are some AWESOME and powerful kits out there now. I really like the powerhouse kit.

For ***** OUT POWER, I would personally go with an F1 procharger. Definitely not the most reliable and would never have it on a daily driver but for a drag car, it can make insane power. N20 windowed down low till the rpms get up would be a monster set-up with that thing. Truth be told, once I start making passes that get people's attention, I would take an F1 from procharger on a sponsorship in a heartbeat.

Is anyone from procharger reading this??? ....lol
Old 06-22-2006, 12:13 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

...WOW... very nice sounding.. even though I dont know what half of that stuff is lol. Sounds like it will be insanely fast man. Just wondering about how much this ran you.. I understand if youd rather not say, just curious though
I have exactly $58,000 in the car (including the roush car)

Not bad considering there's not a factory stock car under $250K that could take me... (1/4 mile speaking of course) and less than a Z06!
Old 06-22-2006, 01:06 AM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

So you think it was around 20k with mods??? I know you had to do some trial and error do you think if you knew what you know about your car do you think it would take as much to get where you are?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:08 AM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

With the icebox - you won't run into any problems up to 13 psi wit the saleen. The icebox is essential for any s/c IMHO. Before I had it I could run 1 pass and the aftercooler would burn you to the touch. Had to wait 30-40 minutes with 2 bags of ice on the car between passes. Afer the icebox, I could run 2 hot passes and the ice would be gone, but the water would be lukewarm and I could put my hand on the aftercooler and it was still cool. A fantastic peformance mod for the $200. Be forewarned though, you will also need to buy a battery relocation kit and move your battery to the trunk. If you plan to race at tracks, you will also need some sort of shut down system for it. I spent a whole $5.00 on mine..lol

I am sure I will have to pay more than $5.00 to replace mine.[:@]

But I was planning on having to move that to the back.........

Old 06-22-2006, 01:14 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Amazing set-up you are putting together there. I am really intrested in the Art Carr AOD. I have a custom built AOD (non computer) in my other stang. I suppose you won't know street manners until you get it on the street, let us know your thoughts. But I am really intrested in how you got the wiring to work for the new tranny, not to mention all the other stuff you have going on. Spanish Oak doesn't seem to have crap on you. I hope to be in Atlanta for the shoot-out, would love to meet you.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:20 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Thanks Ghost. Art Carr and Adam at ST deserves all the credit. This is the first one for the S197 in the country and I'm proud to test it for them. I have a lot of great people working with me mainly adam from ST Motorsports but I have to thank Jim and Jim Jr. at JDM, Justin Burcham at JPC, Mike from Powerhouse, Tim from KSS, Mike from Livernoise, Dougans engines and a slew of others who have helped me out on numerous occasions and pioneered the way for me to follow. These guys are MY heroes and saviors and I'm trying hard to bring them to this site for you guys.

Trust me, you will soon see this car in a lot of places.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!