Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

do they make intake manifolds for out car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Vidgomd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: do they make intake manifolds for out car?

3k that sounds nuts ..... anything for less.. anyone with hp gains?
Old 07-08-2006, 09:13 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Since when is tig welding bad exactly?? When done properly it is one of the strongest welds.

I good tig machine/operator can do amazing things with metal that a mig could never do.

I would take a tig over a mig any day of the week.

You couldent pry my miller tig welder out of my hands. It just works, plain, simple, every time.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:18 PM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I hear that kenne/bell has a manifold, as does whipple, saleen and magnacharger. They're said to give about 150+rwhp.

lol
Old 07-08-2006, 09:48 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Since when is tig welding bad exactly?? When done properly it is one of the strongest welds.

I good tig machine/operator can do amazing things with metal that a mig could never do.

I would take a tig over a mig any day of the week.

You couldent pry my miller tig welder out of my hands. It just works, plain, simple, every time.
No dont get me wrong, I never said that TIG welding is bad or it isnt strong, just.. TIG welding isnt exactly the easiest thing to do and if the person isnt very good at it the quality can be sh1tty... I just dont know if I would want to trust a TIG weld by a company I have never had any experience with. I know some people that can make some damn good TIG welds and it look as good or better than a MIG weld but its just the fact that there is more room for error and its harder to do so obviously theres more room for mistakes. And when it comes to an engine... one little mistake can be very destructive.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:07 AM
deezelnut
I ♥ Acer

that looks like a good design for FI or nitrous. but i agree, $3000 is a bit steep.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:20 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i can assure you that if buy a sheetmetal intake from hogans or wilson manifolds there will be no problems with quality. that intake is a specifically built unit with exact runner and plenum volumes for whatever it's build for. the ordering info for one of these intakes is about 6 pages long. they want all the info on the car and engine....it is your personal intake perfect for your car no an off the shelf cast or plastic pile of trash. i could never pay $2000-3000 for an intake manifold but if you were running in some special classs that allows them it's necessary cause evryone else has that technology too. damn racing gets expensive quick no matter what you run.
i trust tig welds with my life in the dragster and super gas car. there is no other way to weld some materials and yes it need to be done by a welder with lots of experience.
party on.[8D]
Old 07-09-2006, 02:37 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

I know some people that can make some damn good TIG welds and it look as good or better than a MIG weld
Actually, the whole idea of tig welding is to make welds that do not need any finish work and can be left as a raw bead for inspection. You kind of have that statement backwards, some people can make mig look almost like tig, but TIG is the look to shoot for and is truly an art that requires years to master.

I watch some of these guys lay down welds on aluminum sheetmetal intakes and it really is amazing. I wish I could weld that well. But I dont weld enough to get there. But I do trust my welds even though they may not have that perfect stack of dimes look.

The heat control TIG offers is really the ticket. With the newer machines it is possible to literally tig weld a soda can.

Some racing bodies specificly state that you cannot use MIG welding in the chassis or cage construction, it must be TIG.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:51 AM
deezelnut
I ♥ Acer

you can get a kinsler system. stacks...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

www.kinsler.com

[IMG]local://upfiles/42520/427C4515D64F428DB5E095A8F5562959.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-09-2006, 04:26 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

AHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEESSSS I LOVE YOU KINSLER!!!!!!!! i'll pay $2-3K for that!!!!!
we used to run a hilborn setup like that. sold it to a mud racer and kicked ourself in the *** repeatedly afterwards. the ability to change the stack length at the track while testing among other stuff was just too valuable. plus it' looks bad *** sticking through the hood. matter of fact i'd just take the hood off for good.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:28 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

I know some people that can make some damn good TIG welds and it look as good or better than a MIG weld
Actually, the whole idea of tig welding is to make welds that do not need any finish work and can be left as a raw bead for inspection. You kind of have that statement backwards, some people can make mig look almost like tig, but TIG is the look to shoot for and is truly an art that requires years to master.

I watch some of these guys lay down welds on aluminum sheetmetal intakes and it really is amazing. I wish I could weld that well. But I dont weld enough to get there. But I do trust my welds even though they may not have that perfect stack of dimes look.

The heat control TIG offers is really the ticket. With the newer machines it is possible to literally tig weld a soda can.

Some racing bodies specificly state that you cannot use MIG welding in the chassis or cage construction, it must be TIG.
Maybe youre right and Im just not in the loop anymore. I know it used to be that MIG was always better but I dont keep up on all the latest stuff because I dont have any association with anything welding anymore. I grew up around people who did alot of engine and vehicle work and also some people that did alot of scrapping and customizing so I used to always hear about that stuff but it has been years so I guess Im just outdated on my info. I remember back when people used to do body modifications by cutting with a welder.. now my friends body shop has a cutter that uses water... things have changed alot.. I just havent been in touch with stuff in a long time.

Quick Reply: do they make intake manifolds for out car?