Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

wow very UPSET

Old 07-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Bob D.
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: wow very UPSET

ORIGINAL: classj

Out of curiosity, I am taking a kind of poll, does your bar rub the hood pad??

There might be some individual variation between cars and braces, but I'm sure that some braces generally fit better than others, so a poll or something similar is not a bad idea.

To give one data point, I had a FRPP strut tower brace and it fit perfectly--did not rub hood at all and each bolt was dead center in the bracket holes. Unfortunately, I had to remove it for my supecharger install so I'll put it in the classifieds soon.

Personally, I would not use a brace that caused any kind of fitment issues. To me, any small benefit of the brace would be erased by a cockeyed hood corner or rubbed-off paint!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:57 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Personally, I would not use a brace that caused any kind of fitment issues. To me, any small benefit of the brace would be erased by a cockeyed hood corner or rubbed-off paint!
+1

I love the look of the strange development bar but dont want rubbing on my 07 ford plenum cover or hood pad.

Strange development was very honest and said that on a couple peoples cars it rubbed the pad slightly. Not hard though, depends on how close your pad fits to the hood. I have seen one guy on here with a crushed hood pad but then someone told be his bar was in wrong.

I am torn right now. If I supercharge with saleen, the bar most likely wont fit I guess. Maybe the ford supercharger will clear but no way of knowing tha tright now for sure.

As it is I have the C&L intake that would have to go if I supercharged, I dont want to loose money on the strut bar as well.

Well I guess I will figure it all out once I decide whether or not to supercharge the thing or not.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:28 PM
shuin
1st Gear Member

Darn..yah thats what I thought! the plate looks as though it is welded. so to replace the plat would cause somewhat of a delema...If I choose to do it that way it will take some work! ...it was weird though the metal used it those screw looked very cheap! I barely even tightend it! ..and YES I know should have used a smaller torque wrench mine ranged any where from 25 to 200!...But hopefully Its just a bolt that can be replaced! I am going to the dealer in a few minuted to see if they can fix my problem! Ill keep everyone updated! and tell you how the strut is actually configured! so If anyones has this problem they can fix it easily! thanks and cheers
Old 07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Rypper1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

The bolt is part of the strut plate so you will need to have the strut plate replaced. Should run about 25 from ford and yes the front spring and strut will have to come out to replace it.

Richard
Good catch Richard. I thought he was talking about a bolt that screwed it. [:'(]
Randy
Old 07-26-2006, 06:47 PM
CTE
1st Gear Member

+! on the easy out, they work great!

CTE aka Scubadog
Old 07-26-2006, 08:54 PM
darkfact
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rypper1

I don't think you would need to drill and retap. The broken bolt should not have much holding it in. Get an "easy out" from a hardware store and it should come right out.

As far as South Louisiana tuners go I am not sure about Gerhardt's (now TNT in Baton Rouge), they have a lot of experience in most things but I don't think they have worked on the new Mustangs much. They are hell on wheels with a diesel though.

There is a new shop in Baton Rouge called Stang High Performance. They seem to be very good and very easy to deal with. Cody is the owner and he has just gotten his new dyno in and will have it all hooked up probably this week.
know anything about racetech in bossier city? it's closer to me than baton rouge but i'm really just looking for the best place, i'll probably make it a couple day trip either way.

(sorry for thread hijacking btw)
Old 07-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Rypper1
1st Gear Member

know anything about racetech in bossier city? it's closer to me than baton rouge but i'm really just looking for the best place, i'll probably make it a couple day trip either way.

(sorry for thread hijacking btw)
Nope, Haven't heard of them. But Bossier City is a bit far for me. Put up a post asking about them, hell they might be great.

Randy
Old 07-27-2006, 05:02 PM
darkfact
2nd Gear Member

well nineinchnail1024 highly recommends them so i'll probably just call both and see what kind of experience they have specifically to our cars.

sort of off topic but funny that the last time i was in bossier was for a nine inch nails concert...
Old 07-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

My strange bar fits and works great. Haven't seen any signs of rubbing after the 2 or so weeks I've had it on.