Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

How fast are the SRT8s

Old 08-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #41
doodad
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to doodad Send a message via MSN to doodad
Default RE: How fast are the SRT8s

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mikefan20

I think the point these guys are making is, just because a car has the potential to be faster, if it takes a really good driver to be able to drive it, and ours is relitively easy, allowing a ok driver to drive it, than the GT is more likely to win the race. (I went comma crazy there). If you put me in a 900HP car i would probably not be able to run as good of a time as I would in my 300HP car, cuz I don't know how to drive something with that much power. Granted the SRT-8 isn't 900HP, but if your average driver is just going to stomp on the gas in a race (and probably will), he will sit there and spin all the HP he has over you and watch your tailights get smaller.
well spin tires or not, l have seen them ran 12s BONE STOCK and posted 3 videos here.. but l have never seen any GT ran even very low 13s BONE STOCK. as l said.. this conversation will go forever unless someone race with one of them bone stock and post the video here.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Slow Zincyellow 2003 Cobra "SOLD"
upper only - 455rwhp -478rwtq

11.34@121.92mph w/ 1.68 60' 1/8 mile 7.30@97mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NDJMyn75FI
doodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #42
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mikefan20

I think the point these guys are making is, just because a car has the potential to be faster, if it takes a really good driver to be able to drive it, and ours is relitively easy, allowing a ok driver to drive it, than the GT is more likely to win the race. (I went comma crazy there). If you put me in a 900HP car i would probably not be able to run as good of a time as I would in my 300HP car, cuz I don't know how to drive something with that much power. Granted the SRT-8 isn't 900HP, but if your average driver is just going to stomp on the gas in a race (and probably will), he will sit there and spin all the HP he has over you and watch your tailights get smaller.
some people just don't get it do they. . . (doodad)

12.85 @ 104
Black06GT40324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #43
doodad
5th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

some people just don't get it do they. . . (doodad)

whatever dude!!

Old 08-13-2006, 09:21 PM   #44
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

I think this thead can be put to rest. I would love to see some track video of the two racing though. 2 badass cars.

Black on Black 05 GT Manual UIP -SLP Loudmouth - JLT II CAI & SCT tuner B-Speed 93Oct Tune, Spohn LCA's, 4.10's Installed by DezRacing.
mikefan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:48 PM   #45
doodad
5th Gear Member

l just found this link on the internet and see a 99 svt cobra vs srt-8 and cobra owner has some good mods which would kill new GT and people are still saying that he will lose or maybe drivers race..

check this out..

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...d.php?p=385586

also check this stone stock srt-8 video too

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p=...stangworld.com

also here is a race between srt-8 and 99 svt cobra. cobra is modified and srt-8 has intake and exhaust and still hangs with cobra even at high speeds, owns the cobra.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...hlight=mustang

Old 08-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #46
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: doodad

also here is a race between srt-8 and 99 svt cobra. cobra is modified and srt-8 has intake and exhaust and still hangs with cobra even at high speeds, owns the cobra.

on this link. . . look at the time in his sig. . . and he's not stock . . . you just proved my point with your crappy post. . .

the cobra owned him. . . and the only reason the SRT8 started catching him was when he went to 5th!!!!!

12.85 @ 104
Old 08-14-2006, 12:08 AM   #47
doodad
5th Gear Member

Quote:

Quote:

on this link. . . look at the time in his sig. . . and he's not stock . . . you just proved my point with your crappy post. . .

the cobra owned him. . . and the only reason the SRT8 started catching him was when he went to 5th!!!!!
dude, l believe you need glasses to read my posts!! who the F*ck said that srt-8 was stock? read again! l said he got intake, and exhaust that is what they showed on the video.

also SMART guy, did you check that 1/4 mile of STONE STOCK sr-8 that ran 13.36?

about cobra, how well a new stang GT would hang with that cobra with just intake and exhaust? now you are prolly gonna tell me it would be drivers race!

also, did you read that mustang forums link that l gave? that MODDED 99 cobra owner was saying if he could get srt-8 and people were telling him drivers race or he would get killed..

now tell me, who doesnt get this ****? you or me? show me some FREAKING PROOFS like l have doing! dont talk crap, just show me some videos, posts..

also, as usual, l gave like 3 links and you just made a comment on O N E link, cuz you got nothing to say for other links!

Old 08-14-2006, 12:10 AM   #48
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: '05 vert

Good find though doodad!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:16 AM   #49
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

dude, l believe you need glasses to read my posts!! who the F*ck said that srt-8 was stock? read again! l said he got intake, and exhaust that is what they showed on the video.

also SMART guy, did you check that 1/4 mile of STONE STOCK sr-8 that ran 13.36?

about cobra, how well a new stang GT would hang with that cobra with just intake and exhaust? now you are prolly gonna tell me it would be drivers race!

I'm guessing you didn't even see WTF i was talking about . . .

in the guys signature where he posted the video. . . he put his 1/4 times. . . 13.4 AND HE IS NOT F*CKIN STOCK . . . are you just missing what im saying completely . . . THE SRT8 CHARGER THAT POSTED THAT VIDEO HAS HIS QUARTER MILE TIME LISTED IN HIS SIGNATURE AND IT SAYS 13.4, AND HE IS ALSO NOT STOCK SO HE WOULD RUN SLOWER THAN THAT STOCK . . .

the 99 cobra was about the same as us stock in the quarter because of the IRS(crappy takeoffs), he had exaust, intake, and a gear . . . he blew that 425hp POS outta the water every race . . .even from a roll, expected since he has some decent mods . . . not sure what that proves on your arguement whatsoever

and the 300C . . . **applause** . . . you found someone that could drive at the track . . . im proud of ya, even though you are missing the point once again . . .

12.85 @ 104
Old 08-14-2006, 12:22 AM   #50
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

about 3 months ago I bet Black06GT could kill me if I have a srt8 charger.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:34 AM   #51
doodad
5th Gear Member

Quote:

in the guys signature where he posted the video. . . he put his 1/4 times. . . 13.4 AND HE IS NOT F*CKIN STOCK . . . are you just missing what im saying completely . . . THE SRT8 CHARGER THAT POSTED THAT VIDEO HAS HIS QUARTER MILE TIME LISTED IN HIS SIGNATURE AND IT SAYS 13.4, AND HE IS ALSO NOT STOCK SO HE WOULD RUN SLOWER THAN THAT STOCK . . .

the 99 cobra was about the same as us stock in the quarter because of the IRS(crappy takeoffs), he had exaust, intake, and a gear . . . he blew that 425hp POS outta the water every race . . .even from a roll, expected since he has some decent mods . . . not sure what that proves on your arguement whatsoever

and the 300C . . . **applause** . . . you found someone that could drive at the track . . . im proud of ya, even though you are missing the point once again . . .
he ran 13.4 at 1/4 mile and it all depends on weather and elevation! so can you please explain me the stiuations of low, mid 14 sec. new stangs or with intake, tune, exhaust stangs running high 13s??? they are supposed to be mid 13s cars. so why are they running mid 14s then? in case you cant answer this, let me tell you then, CRAPPY DRIVER, EVALOTION, WEATHER! same for srt-8s or any other cars.. but we all know that in reality, stangs are mid 13s cars. and in reality, srt-8s are low 13s or very high 12s cars! (WHICH MEANS THEY ARE FASTER)

yeah cobra beat him.. l know that.. but tell me what a new stang GT with intake and exhaust would run against that cobra?

also dude, l have been sening all those links here and l know you are reading them and watching them and you know those machines are faster than us and you just doesnt wanna accept the truth.. why?

by the way, as l said, that thing wasnt stock and got intake and exhaust.. dont give that crap like l said it was stock!

Old 08-14-2006, 12:50 AM   #52
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

Quote:

he ran 13.4 at 1/4 mile and it all depends on weather and elevation! so can you please explain me the stiuations of low, mid 14 sec. new stangs or with intake, tune, exhaust stangs running high 13s??? they are supposed to be mid 13s cars. so why are they running mid 14s then? in case you cant answer this, let me tell you then, CRAPPY DRIVER, EVALOTION, WEATHER! same for srt-8s or any other cars.. but we all know that in reality, stangs are mid 13s cars. and in reality, srt-8s are low 13s or very high 12s cars! (WHICH MEANS THEY ARE FASTER)

yeah cobra beat him.. l know that.. but tell me what a new stang GT with intake and exhaust would run against that cobra?

also dude, l have been sening all those links here and l know you are reading them and watching them and you know those machines are faster than us and you just doesnt wanna accept the truth.. why?

by the way, as l said, that thing wasnt stock and got intake and exhaust.. dont give that crap like l said it was stock!
well, i never said you said it was stock. . . my point was that it ran 13.4 unstock, so it would be slower than that stock. . . i don't care if you said it was stock or not. . .

anyway. . . i went to the track bone stock and ran high 13's in hot weather having all of a month of driving it. . .mid 14's. . . please

let me drive a new stang stock now. . . i could prolly get a 13.5 and on a cold night might hit a 13.4 . . . yeah. . . im that freakin confident in these new stangs. . . i'll take your stang and run 13.5's . . .

and the 99 stang, i ran against a more heavily modded stang than that one at the track, 99 as well, and he was running same times. . . low 13's . . .

what's up with the elevation excuses. . .im not on see level, im running the times. . .

i don't see how you don't get my point . . . im saying that the SRT8 hardly ever run to its potential, that doesn't mean i think that our stangs are faster per say. . . im saying its easier to drive our stangs to their potential . . . you prolly still don't understand and will continue to post BS about me saying the SRT8 cannot run faster times than us. . . which is obvious they can, it just doesn't happen often

12.85 @ 104
Old 08-14-2006, 12:59 AM   #53
PRGT
2nd Gear Member

Heres one video of a 300 SRT8 vs a Cobra. Nice vid by the way.

http://www.831ccr.com/Videos/srt-8vsconvcobra.wmv
-C&L CAI
-Underdrive Pullies
-Mac LT's
-Diablosport Predator
-4.10's
-Steeda Short Shifter
-Eibach Springs
-Dennys DS
PRGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #54
GhostPony
2nd Gear Member

They are giant and heavy cars. Not very fast in my opinion.
I have raced an SRT8 at the track. He was bone stock not even 1000 miles and I have it on video. He ran his car six times and his best time was a 14.08 with his 425 HP station wagon. This was on a hot day(99 degerees) but I don't expect the sedans to be too much faster due to their equivalent weight and gearing.
Kenne Bell 2.4L Polished Intercooled Blower
Granatelli Coil-Over Plug Packs
Granatelli Lower Control Arms
Boyd Coddington 18 x 9/18 x 10
Pirellei 285/40/18 and 255/45/18
GhostPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #55
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: GhostPony

I have raced an SRT8 at the track. He was bone stock not even 1000 miles and I have it on video. He ran his car six times and his best time was a 14.08 with his 425 HP station wagon. This was on a hot day(99 degerees) but I don't expect the sedans to be too much faster due to their equivalent weight and gearing.
finally. . . someone with experience!!! Thank you for sharing that, it makes my argument a lot easier . . .

12.85 @ 104
Old 08-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #56
doodad
5th Gear Member

Quote:

Quote:
ORIGINAL: GhostPony

finally. . . someone with experience!!! Thank you for sharing that, it makes my argument a lot easier . . .

who gives a damn if they ran 14.08 dude????? how about mid 14s stangs then? l just showed you a bone stock one yesterday 13.36!!! we are not talking about if they ran 14s-15s.. we are talking about what those car really are!!

dont give me somebodyelses Sh*t.. just go ahead, find me videos, that bone stock stang gt hangs out with stock srt-8 or beats..

somebody came over here and said they he saw they ran 14s and now you are saying someone with experience told the truths, like srt-8s are 14 sec. cars!! you know they are not 14 sec. cars!! and l have seen new stangs ran 14s too and l know they are not 14 sec. cars either..

dude, if u got some *****, l wanna end this thread by putting 100 bucks on this! l say srt-8s will beat new stangs and they are faster and you are saying it is drivers race!

as l said, stop giving me crap, show me some videos, threads!! like l have been doing!! you are just showing me a couple of dude's posts and l have showed you hundreds of dude's posts. but you still dont get it!!

Old 08-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #57
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to AmericanMade

SRT-4's for 2006 are only 230 (crank) stock and run in the mid 14's. You guys should be able to take them (stock for stock) with your A/C on but me, as a V6 would need some mods (preferably F/I) The best they can go is 355 to the crank with a stage 3 turbo and race gas. You can almost get that with good bolt-ons. And if anyone supercharges their GT it's game over.
AmericanMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #58
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to AmericanMade

SRT-8's are a different srory... sorry I didn't read the rest until after I made the other post lol
AmericanMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #59
doodad
5th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

SRT-8's are a different srory... sorry I didn't read the rest until after I made the other post lol
you should definetely read this thread and see someone says that srt-8 and new stang GTs are D R I V E R S R A C E ! ! !

Old 08-14-2006, 04:05 PM   #60
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

Quote:
ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

you should definetely read this thread and see someone says that srt-8 and new stang GTs are D R I V E R S R A C E ! ! !
like i said, you still don't get my point . . .

here, let me break it down to ya . . .

what times do you think a stock SRT8 with a normal Joe off the street will run at the track? ? ?

12.85 @ 104
Old 08-14-2006, 04:05 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
300c, a300c, fast, form, good, horsepower, slow, speed, srt8, srt8s, stock