Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cheapest place for the Ford Racing axle back.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

Default Cheapest place for the Ford Racing axle back.

I think I've decided on the Stinger clones. I thought I remember people getting them for about $360. I cant find them that cheap.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:10 AM
mvm549
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cheapest place for the Ford Racing axle back.

ebay, $405 shipped
Old 08-12-2006, 03:48 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

I just got mine from e-bay and put them on 2 days ago.....man are they sweet.... They went up a little in price but it's still hell of alot cheaper than anywhere else. This is the guy I got them from FRPP Stingers
Old 08-12-2006, 07:15 AM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Same here, they shipped mine the same day or next day, can't remember. I also bought my hurst shifter from them.

ORIGINAL: backinblack06

I just got mine from e-bay and put them on 2 days ago.....man are they sweet.... They went up a little in price but it's still hell of alot cheaper than anywhere else. This is the guy I got them from FRPP Stingers
Old 08-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

Thanks. I think I may print this out and see if my local dealer will price match.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:18 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Doubt It, They usually don't match e-bay prices because they know there's no way they can come down that low. My dealer wanted $525 and $150 for intsall, I just laughed and walked out
Old 08-12-2006, 05:05 PM
howyhowy
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gone2
I think I've decided on the Stinger clones. I thought I remember people getting them for about $360. I cant find them that cheap.
I just put mine on a few days ago. Search for "Borla Mustang" on Ebay and you should find them. I was able to call the guy and pay with a credit card ($405 shipped).

They looked new, but it looked like one was dropped on the input pipe so the input pipe was not quite round. I had to re-roundify it by inserting a vice-grips into it and opening the handle to spread out the tube.

Install took me 1.5hours, most of which was getting the left muffler off - those hanger bolts are obscured pretty well by the stock muffler.

They sound great outside the car, but at 1200 to 2000 RPM I get a lot of drone in my convertible. My gas millage has gone down from 18 to 17 since I have to cruise at 60MPH in 4th gear on the smaller highways.

Driving under highway overpasses with the top down sounds incredible!
-howy
Old 08-12-2006, 05:15 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howyhowy

ORIGINAL: Gone2
I just put mine on a few days ago. Search for "Borla Mustang" on Ebay and you should find them. I was able to call the guy and pay with a credit card ($405 shipped).

They looked new, but it looked like one was dropped on the input pipe so the input pipe was not quite round. I had to re-roundify it by inserting a vice-grips into it and opening the handle to spread out the tube.

Install took me 1.5hours, most of which was getting the left muffler off - those hanger bolts are obscured pretty well by the stock muffler.

They sound great outside the car, but at 1200 to 2000 RPM I get a lot of drone in my convertible. My gas millage has gone down from 18 to 17 since I have to cruise at 60MPH in 4th gear on the smaller highways.

Driving under highway overpasses with the top down sounds incredible!
-howy
I love the sound and the drone isnt that bad. I notice a drone around 17-1800 rpm but I still think it's so cool, I'd leave it in 4th if I could all the time just to hear it.

The install was a huge PITA, well no taking the original ones off actually like you said. I have no idea why the hell they put the brackets in like that so It's almost impossible to get to the bolt, both on the drive and passenger side.......damn ford, I don't remember alll my words exactly trynig to get those off but I belive it was something like this lol.......&#^(%#@^&@#%)%&@#*%^ mother #(%&@)#*&% son of %&(#$.... Yea i got anger issues lol [:@]

I love them though, and the Ford Racing logo IMO is a classy touch !!!
Old 08-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

We'll do $465.95 Shipped on that system for ya.. Follow the link and you're all set to go. Thanks, JAred@Lethal

CLICK HERE Ford Racing Stingers

Sorry but the pic on our site is currently wrong. Below is the actual picture of the kit.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

Done, thanks.

I freakin' hate Ebay/Paypal.

Quick Reply: Cheapest place for the Ford Racing axle back.