Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Run with SRT-4!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:34 PM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Run with SRT-4!!

Isn't the Redline in 4th like 140 MPH with stock gears?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:39 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8CYLPOWER

Well i didnt want to hit Rev limiter or I would have runined the whole thing
First off, congratulations on the kill, but it should have been an absolute slaughter if everything you said is right. Sounds like you might want to spend a little more time getting to know your RPMs for different gears at different speeds. You should have definitely downshifted to 2nd if you were only doing 40. You can run to 40 MPH in 1st gear without hitting your rev limiter (although you'll probably have hit peak power). 2nd is the prime power range for a 40 roll. If you had shifted to 2nd, you should have walked him easy through 2nd and 3rd. 4th is gonna pull you hard to about 120+. It was a win, but you're giving the poor SRT-4 guys too much hope against our cars.

All that said, I have much respect for the SRT-4 platform. It can produce some very respectable power for such a small engine. There are some out there that could put a serious hurting on us. But, there is now way that they can compare when you talk stock-to-stock.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:00 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

My friend just got an SRT-4 and I would RAPE him, I drove in his car and the thing is like a dam turtle. There's no G's when your riding in that thing and then the stupid blowoff valve wasn't even as cool as I thought it would be. Anyway, I think I would absolutely destroy an anything near stock SRT-4 unless he's got a turbo upgrade. I don't think those skittles are nearly as what they are led up to be, I watch them at the track all the time and have never seen one break out of 14's. Now unless your getting a serious street racer/drag racer which is very uncommon I don't think i'll ever worry about one of them.

Cocky it sounds, but thats IMHO.

-Jeff
Old 09-01-2006, 12:51 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

The SRT-4 might be able to keep close to us in performance, but at the end of the night he is still driving home in a NEON [sm=lame.gif]
Old 09-01-2006, 01:04 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I call [sm=bs.gif]

At 6k RPMs in 4th you would have been doing 136mph and you claim you kept pulling on him in 5th. In 5th you would quickly run into the stock speed limiter, you would also be drag limited because a stock Mustang just doesn't have enough power to keep accelerating at those speeds. If you were drag racing on public streets at 130+ you are an IDIOT.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:39 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

A srt-4 stock will never keep up to a stock mustang. a srt-4 with a simple waste gate will keep up with a stock gt.

Att. andrew
Old 09-01-2006, 11:27 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

There is a group that is Hendrick sponsored that come out to our strip occasionally. None are bone stock, and i am very impressed what the really high end ones are running. There are a couple that I play around with and it is a trade off. If I jump at the lights I win, and vice-vesa. There are also some that can't begin to compete. None are on street tires, all have big blow-offs, and a couple are N2O breathing as well. I still struggle with a four banger sitting beside me down the track.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:26 AM
bikadur

my friends modded(everything but a turbo swap) SRT is almost as fast as me.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:22 AM
rnail
1st Gear Member

Default Run with 350Z

A little off subject, but anyone meet up with a 350Z. I don't usually race around, but it was an open street and this guy in a 350 Z just kept gunning next to me - he seemed nice, just wanted to go. So, I floored it going between 45 and 50 MPH. I shot ahead of him and I just kept pulling away. Really not much of a race. Probably got up to about 75-80 or so before I had to slow down so I could make my turn.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:55 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Run with 350Z

Stock for stock, as said, is not even a race. Give each driver 1K to spend in mods, and the SRT would walk away from the Mustang. They are neat little cars, and as someone else said, kudo's to Dodge for making a performance car that people can afford. The SRT's can easily handle 400HP on the stock internals, so modding them to be around that 400HP level is semi-inexpensive. The problem, of course, is the FWD platform. If they were RWD, I really think Dodge would have hit a grand slam.

Quick Reply: Run with SRT-4!!