Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Run with SRT-4!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:14 PM
8CYLPOWER
1st Gear Member

Default Run with SRT-4!!

Finally last night I was able to have a run with an SRT-4...Im driving down RT-9 last night when I see a car coming up fast behind me he switches lanes and blows right past me...Once I saw it was an SRT-4 i was like hell yes so I punch it to catch up with him...So I finally get up next to him and we slow down to about 40mph he gives me the head nod so i down shift to 3rd...He beeps three times are were are off....Right away i pull about a car length on him shift to 4th and its about the same then when i hit 5th i begin to pulll slowly on him in the end i had him by a little more then a length and a half....We then get very lucky and hit a red light...I rev up and he does the same letting his cute little blow off valve go off...The light turns green and I get a decent launch...Right away I get a half length on him..Thru 2nd and 4th I make it about a full length then in 5th again I started to pull on him...He pulls up next to me after that last race and asked what I have done to the car..I laugh and say its bone stock buddy but good try running with me and take of for the last time damn i ove this car!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:21 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Run with SRT-4!!

Very nice. I was curios as to how our cars would hold up against an SRT 4. Nice job, good kill!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

you should have downshifted to 2nd at 40mph.. you would have destroyed him then. I know we can beat them from a dig pretty easily because of RWD but from a roll i though they were pretty quick.. good kill!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:32 PM
8CYLPOWER
1st Gear Member

Well i didnt want to hit Rev limiter or I would have runined the whole thing
Old 08-31-2006, 05:52 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Yep! Hitting that rev limiter will ruin your race.

ORIGINAL: 8CYLPOWER

Well i didnt want to hit Rev limiter or I would have runined the whole thing
Old 08-31-2006, 05:53 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Good job, filthy neon....what a joke.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:24 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

I smoked a local srt-4 from a 30 roll to 90 or so. Pretty much the same story...pulled on him in second and third, stayed about even till about 85 then started pulling again
Old 08-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

SRT-4's are supposed to be good from a roll because their turbo has enough power to spool up.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

This just doesn't sound right... If you hit 5th gear you would be in what... 130+ mph? I doubt that little Neon would have stayed the whole course... Either he had the upgraded turbo and other work done, or you just suck. :T Pick your poison, but I doubt those cars are that fast.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:14 PM
06triplevalve
1st Gear Member

Well, first off, good kill on the SRT-4. But I will say those little buggers aren't too shabby. The quality is what you'd expect from that type of car, but it goes pretty good. I am a die hard Ford fan, but congrats to an American company for making a car import people (yuck) like. It's not my type of thing, and I know it's not any of yours either, but it seems to be pretty fast for what it is and thank God and it's made by an American company.

Now, if I can just find one to go pound on myself!

Roy

Quick Reply: Run with SRT-4!!