Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

OK, I'm Done Modding.......For Now.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Default OK, I'm Done Modding.......For Now.

Well I finally got my 06 GT looking like I want her! And more importantly she doesn't look anything like the other 3 or 4 Screamin Yellow GT's I've seen around town. It was a lot of fun doing this stuff over the last couple months except for putting stripes on twice (the first set was a cheapy set and didn't look as good).

So I'm done for now. Well actually I've got my Saleen short throw shifter adapter sitting here that I'll get to eventually. Next spring I might place another order with Saleen for a Super Charger!

Anyway, here's a link to a photo album. A lot of repetitive pictures but you get the idea. Oh, and you can save the "bubble bee" jokes. I get enough of those from my wife!

http://www.riotactband.com/albums/mustang/
Old 10-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL
Default RE: OK, I'm Done Modding.......For Now.

ORIGINAL: Screamin Yellow 06

Well I finally got my 06 GT looking like I want her! And more importantly she doesn't look anything like the other 3 or 4 Screamin Yellow GT's I've seen around town. It was a lot of fun doing this stuff over the last couple months except for putting stripes on twice (the first set was a cheapy set and didn't look as good).

So I'm done for now. Well actually I've got my Saleen short throw shifter adapter sitting here that I'll get to eventually. Next spring I might place another order with Saleen for a Super Charger!

Anyway, here's a link to a photo album. A lot of repetitive pictures but you get the idea. Oh, and you can save the "bubble bee" jokes. I get enough of those from my wife!

http://www.riotactband.com/albums/mustang/

Love the car! I never used to be too fond of yellow on a car, but I like it on the Mustang and I especially like it the way you have yours styled. Great job......for now.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:30 PM
pegasusphototx
2nd Gear Member

I have a black GT spoiler I'll sell you if you're interested. Make an offer!

-danny
Old 10-08-2006, 08:30 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Bill,
Looks awesome!! Where did you buy your second set of stripes?? I'm thinking on doing a single wide with pinstripes on my hood...How was the install the second time around...??

Oh, I and love the way your dipstick handle actually matches the car....

Excellent job,
Mike
Old 10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

I agree with silencer, I don't really like yellow but with the stripes it's just plain sexy! Great job, and good luck being "done" with modding your stang, once you start it's hard to stop.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Yeah, the yellow dip stick was a free mod! LOL

The first set of stripes were ones I bought for $89 on e-bay. They were supposedly a "better fit than the factory stripes". I mean they weren't bad quality or anything but there were gaps at the beginning and end of each stripe. The second set I bought from Baltimore Street Mods. I liked these better because I decided to go tip to tail with them and they really look seamless even though they're several pieces. Since the first set was only a few weeks old they came off with no problem. Any body can do the stripe kits if you take your time and have half a brain. I did it both time by myself. The bumpers take a lot of time and patience. I even screwed up one piece and Baltimore sent me new replacements (two extras actually) for like $10. Good company to work with! I think they even have the stripes you're looking for. I was going to go with that design as well but thought it not look as good with the hood scoop but thats just me.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:03 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

very nice lookin stang!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
AV8ForFun
2nd Gear Member

Sweet. I have a Silve '06 GT Premium.....going to wait a bit to begin modding. I like to drive them for awhile until they start to bore me, then do some mods. I have been picturing in my mind how I want mine to look. I want the side scoops and stripes like yours. How long did they take to install?
Old 10-08-2006, 09:08 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

I have seen your car on here a few times now.... that thing is always so clean! I love it man! Good job, but I seriously doubt you can escape the addictions of modding, even temporarily.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:10 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

The first set of stripes were ones I bought for $89 on e-bay. They were supposedly a "better fit than the factory stripes". I mean they weren't bad quality or anything but there were gaps at the beginning and end of each stripe. The second set I bought from Baltimore Street Mods. I liked these better because I decided to go tip to tail with them and they really look seamless even though they're several pieces. Since the first set was only a few weeks old they came off with no problem. Any body can do the stripe kits if you take your time and have half a brain. I did it both time by myself. The bumpers take a lot of time and patience. I even screwed up one piece and Baltimore sent me new replacements (two extras actually) for like $10. Good company to work with! I think they even have the stripes you're looking for. I was going to go with that design as well but thought it not look as good with the hood scoop but thats just me.
I was hoping you were going to say Baltimore...Yes, they have the stripe kit I am talking about. My assumption is that your stripes are the glossy...they look to be...

I think I could pull it off from a color standpoint, since my scoop is black already, and would fall completely within the main stripe.....

Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OK, I'm Done Modding.......For Now.