Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Blank Canvas...pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:09 PM
2007gt
1st Gear Member

Default My Blank Canvas...pics

Hello everyone. I’ve been lurking on the forum for quite a while, reading posts and searching topics. I’d like to thank everyone for all I’ve learned.

I just took delivery of my 2007 Mustang GT. I special ordered it and it took about 6-7 weeks to get to me. I like to share my plans for my “blank canvas” with everyone. Here’s a 360 degree tour of my new baby:

Here’s the reason I ordered an ’07 instead of saving a ton on a left over ’06. It’s the new for ‘07 chamois/charcoal interior option. Well… the wing delete was another reason. I didn’t want to have to fill those holes when the Street Scenes Gen I Duck Tail spoiler goes on:

It’s a premium GT coupe with:

Performance white with black with chamois accent interior
Interior upgrade package
Premier trim package
Charcoal aluminum panel
Comfort group
Rear spoiler delete
3.55 rear axle
Side air bags

Here’s my plan for my plain Jane Mustang. Since I’m old, I remember when the 1966 Shelby GT350’s first came out. I was only 16 and could not afford one then and I sure can’t afford their current 6 figure price now! So, I’m going to build my own “dream car” (actually I’m going to have it built since I suck at doing mods myself). I saw this car at the Ford dealer and got wood for sure:

This car was modified for the dealer by California Concepts. The strips are painted on and the quality blew me away. They pull all the trim, sand down the clear coat, paint the strips and then shoot clear coat. It looks factory….no, it looks better than factory. It was beautifully done. Here’s the rear view:

Right then and there I decided to make a Mustang that would invoke the spirit of the ’66 Shelby’s I love. I visited California Concepts in Redwood City and it’s quite an operation. They must have had 30 cars and as many SUV and trucks in work. They are a “one stop tuner”. I took some pictures of a “Boss” Mustang they built, supercharger and all:

The great thing about California Concepts is that I can choose what I want done and what parts they will use. They do all of the installation and paint work in house. Then they bill the Ford dealer for the cost of the package and the dealer rolls it into my auto loan. I knew all the retail prices up front and my dealer discounted the package from there. The wheels and tires were actually a little cheaper than if I’d bought them myself from Mustang Tuning and The Tire Rack.

I’m going to start out upgrading mainly the way the car looks with the performance upgrades to follow. I need to do a lot of research on the forum and ask a lot of questions first.

The way this was supposed to work was the car would get delivered to the dealer. California Concepts would then pick up the car. Two weeks later they would drop the finished car off back at the dealership and I would take delivery. Unfortunately some of my parts are back ordered so I’m waiting to have all the mods done at once.

Pictures of the mods to follow.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:14 PM
2007gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My Blank Canvas...pics

Here are the mods I chose to make up my California Concepts Package that was rolled into the new car loan:

Steeda front rotors sitting in my living room waiting for the rears to show up:

Steeda brake rotors and calipers painted with red caliper paint. They pull the calipers, clean and prep them for caliper paint:

Anthracite Verde deep dish Bullitt wheels. 18X9 fronts and 18X10 rears:

BF Goodrich KDW-2’s 255/45 front and 285/40 rear:

Cervini billet aluminum grill with running pony emblem:

Street Scene Duct Tail spoiler:

Flowmaster axle back mufflers. These were on that Boss Mustang I showed in the previous post. They sounded nice:

I’m also replacing the rear deck’s GT “gas cap” emblem with a running pony version as used on the Hertz Shelby.

I almost went with the FRPP suspension kit but decided on just the Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs for now. Hopefully it will sit like this member’s beautiful car. Sorry I can’t give him credit for the picture as I have lost track of who’s beauty this is:

Paint work will include stripes in Ford Vista Blue Metalic like this car:

and smoothing and color matching the mirrors in white.

It will be a good month before all this comes together. I can’t wait! I’ll post pictures when she’s done.

Thanks for looking,

Rick
Old 10-11-2006, 06:42 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

I think that your ride will look awesome. Good God you have a heck of a plan already marked up for you white canvas...you have to keep us posted as you go along...
Old 10-11-2006, 07:53 PM
stangcrazy06

definitely get the stripes to go cover the bumpers too. that will definitely look amazing when its done. will it be FI or NA?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:57 PM
2007gt
1st Gear Member

Thanks TPony, I can't wait to be able to post an update. I phoned the rotor manufacturer KVR in Canada and they said the rear rotors I'm waiting for are still 2 weeks out....
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 PM
2007gt
1st Gear Member

GEZZZ I am a real newbie. I can't help it, I have to ask....what is "FI or NA"?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:04 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangcrazy06

definitely get the stripes to go cover the bumpers too. that will definitely look amazing when its done. will it be FI or NA?
I like the stripes as they are myself... they look better stopping where they do and not going over the bumpers.... IMO...
Old 10-11-2006, 08:04 PM
stangcrazy06

lol. FI stands for Forced Induction like a turbo or supercharger.

NA stands for Naturally Aspirated. this is the oppostie of Forced Induction.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:22 PM
2007gt
1st Gear Member

lol. FI stands for Forced Induction like a turbo or supercharger.

NA stands for Naturally Aspirated. this is the oppostie of Forced Induction.
Thanks!. I REALLY want a blower like a Roush or Steeda. I remember washing my previous car (a stock C5 Corvette) one afternoon and hearing this fantastic sounding car pull up to the stop sign by my house. It was a Saleen Mustang. It not only had a loud V8 exhaust but this wonderful whinning sound that said SUPERCHARGER!. I knew that was one bad Mustang that I wouldn't be messing with. I just smiled at him and he nodded as if to say "I guess you know your role Vette Boy". I'll never forget that. And now I'm driving the Mustang and lusting for that supercharger!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:36 PM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

WOW, sounds like that will be a reallyyy Good looking car. I will mention one thing. The flowmasters have had some problems with stuff breaking inside of them. Oh and i would take the Steeda over the Roush, and many people here like Kenne Bells, Saleens, or Whipples, which are a twin-screw design.

Quick Reply: My Blank Canvas...pics